How To Upgrade My Fw Safely (4.0.2 F-200 Mk Ii )

cranker

Still Fresh
I am still not clear on this. I want all emulators to work, then the main menu touchscreen, then homebrew touch in that order so if I have to lose the homebrew touch for the time it's ok. Also is the new gmenu2x recommended over the default one ? Much good advice given already but does anyone have first hand experience with the same model as i have ? Also what is open2x ?

[ Please only create one thread per topic. Your other threads have been deleted - Squidge ]

Here are the instructions on how to upgrade the firmware:
--------------------------------------
Firmware upgrade instructions
--------------------------------------

1. Download the firmware file
2. Decompress file and place files in the root of the SD card.
3. Turn on GP2X while holding down Select+Home
4. Firmware upgrades itself.

※ Make sure you have enough battery or use the AC adapter while upgrading the firmware. If the power goes out while upgrading, it may damage the system.

As for Gmenu2X, it's indeed a better frontend than the gp2xmenu (default frontend). It might at first be a bit more intimidating to a beginner, but once you learn how to use it, it becomes invaluable. Not only does it look nicer, but it also is very useful especially if you have a lot of programs in your SD card; it makes them easier to access and manage. It also can apply tweaks to a program (i.e. RAM timing tweak, overclocking, etc).

You can read about Open2X here: http://wiki.open2x.org/open2x/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

Back