How Well Is The Blu Selling?

The Mole

Does anybody know how well the BLU is selling?

It may spur some life into some games that seam to be taking a while (Mainly Bloody Cross).

First batch sold out, GP are making more to order, Virgin and Newmedia have just placed the new orders, should get them in Aug.

So seems to be going well. Now... if only there were some good commercial games - like why isn't Pinball Dreams on SMC?

-Craig

www.gbax.com

Does the blu sell in regular shops?

I wonder if it has become as common as gba...

Deleted User posted on Jul 23 2004 at 08:15 PM said:

Isn't the gba the best selling handheld in the world ever or something? Do you really think the gp32 is that popular yet or will ever be?

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple of shops in Newcastle have taken the console. Granger games had one in and so did The Next Level.

I think they have both sold out now though.

I had a good chat to the person who bought in the GP32 BLUs in at The Next Level and she seamed to imply that a price drop was on the way.

craigix posted on Jul 23 2004 at 08:12 PM said:
So seems to be going well. Now... if only there were some good commercial games - like why isn't Pinball Dreams on SMC?
Yeah :) I really hope that GamePark will have the *brillant* idea to sign up one or two contracts to finish one or two blockbusters (like for exemple the awesome Goddess Saga & the really promising Wanna Be Wizard B) ) that we all dribble face to their screenshots since many month now without any news or hope for any release... Gamepark please wake up now that you're selling dozen of GP32 in Europe :)

& also we all wonder why they haven't translate ASR & put it on the European market , hu??? this game would be sold with each GP32 surely :D

i guess, many people in my (our?) age hear from it through friends and like to play the games of their childhood days.

many of my friends are very interested in it, because of the C=64 emulation. but most of them say, that it's too expensive and the controller stick is too bad (or too sensitive). :(

i don't think more commercial games will make it more popular. iven if there was 10 times more commercial games, it still can't compare with other handelds.

the strength of the gp32 is emulation, homebrew and development, i think.

(Deleted User @ Jul 23 2004, 08:15 PM)

Our Store can and has stocked them, pricey though as the distributor we got them from wasnt cheap, Lik-Sang do them cheaper before delivery charge is added.

All the ones we sold were stable at 166mhz.

We sold them for a little more than GBAX do.

Vimacs posted on Jul 23 2004 at 08:16 PM said:
or why cant i even get herr knights at a "normal" price?
Amen. If I can buy Her Knights again (for a normal price) I will buy a BLU to play it. ;) I love my Zodiac, but I miss a few things on GP32 that the Zodiac won't get, like the unique Korean games for example - I think some of them are quite fun and have that uniquely Asian art and play style that seems to elude Western devs.

i'm introducing my gp32 to the owner of the local independent gaming shop tomorrow.

i always go in and have a browse at the pre-owned gamecube stuff, then marvel at the snes, megadrive, saturn, nes, jaguar, game gear and master system games they have in abbundance.

got talking about the older stuff with him the other week and offered to show him the console i used, he seemed very interested!

Don't even talk about how Her Knights sold out, I was in the process of buying it from play-asia for $9.90 US and it sold out while I was busy checking out!
As for the BLU, it's great to see that it has been such a success, other people are finally realising what we all did years ago, that it's a great handheld and is totally worth the price!

Hooka posted on Jul 24 2004 at 02:05 AM said:
Don't even talk about how Her Knights sold out, I was in the process of buying it from play-asia for $9.90 US and it sold out while I was busy checking out!
As for the BLU, it's great to see that it has been such a success, other people are finally realising what we all did years ago, that it's a great handheld and is totally worth the price!
$9.90USD?! Was this an across-the-board clearance or something?

*subscribes to Play-Asia's inventory notifier for Tomak, Her Knights & ASR*

just a quick idea about the new success of the BLU gp32selling out, why doesnt gamepark FINALLY make the mega man X or breath of fire they licensed? now is the time!

I say it would be a good move to release some known games for this system.

Back