How's Picodrive Looking

jonlad1 said:
And Mega (Sega) CD support too for that matter!!
:)
Unless notaz ported an old version of his Picodrive emulator, it already HAS Sega CD support...

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
Tinnus said:
I thought CD was a given since all other versions have it.. :)
The original port didn't. And some other versions after that as well.

-God Ginrai

notaz said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HhIt8A-d34

no need to speech english to see the difference !
2x or 3x faster :eek:

otherwise the pando screen have a better color intensity, with the same game we can see a big color difference !

I'm most impatient now :rolleyes:

That is CRAZY!!!!! And wow, the screen is so much better compared to the GP2X and PSP. Excellent work notaz.

So what have we seen working wayyy better than fullspeed with early versions?

-Final Burn Alpha
-Picodrive
-PandaSnes
-T2K Jaguar Emu
-PSX4Pand

I think we're pretty much set on the emulator front, since if these work, so will damn near everything in between.

I'd just like to remind you all that Picodrive was the first video after fixing the L2 cache issue, which means that all the former videos were actually running a good deal slower than they can now. I'd also expect more discoveries in the future that might give us more speed ;)

Tinnus said:
I'd just like to remind you all that Picodrive was the first video after fixing the L2 cache issue, which means that all the former videos were actually running a good deal slower than they can now. I'd also expect more discoveries in the future that might give us more speed ;)
I was just going to mention that.

Yes, SNES/FBA/etc is running without L2 cache enabled :)

(and of course, all the above are running at 500Mhz)

Squidge said:
Tinnus said:
I was just going to mention that.

Yes, SNES/FBA/etc is running without L2 cache enabled :)

(and of course, all the above are running at 500Mhz)

How much do u think the SNES and FBA emulators can be underclocked to while still achieving fullspeed with l2 cache enabled?

About Sega CD:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuLLYzaZaJ4

Also note that in these videos, both PSP and GP2X are clocked to their max, and Pandora board is running below it's planned nominal clock.

About 32x, I do plan to add support for it, but that will probably happen some time after Pandora's release.

Wow, thanks Notaz.

The second video is amazing! At even 500mhz it's more than twice as fast as the PSP and GP2X. This device is a MONSTER!

Some of these new videos definitely answer the question: "Why would I get a Pandora if I already have an [xyz]?" Speed to burn, and underclocking will net amazing battery life...

Yeah, I keep getting more and more amazed by what we've been seeing. Battery life is going to be insane.

Keep it up Notaz

I need to keep my eyes on the prize and get that $330+$20 for developer fund put together.

Back