Pandora HTML5 on Pandora

j0n

I'm wondering if anyone has tried any HTML5 games on the pandora? My experience is that HTML5 games are few and far between compared to flash games but I think there is a lot of potential for them.

Would be interesting to see what the performance of browsers is like on the pandora vs a PC.

With the browsers being constantly ported, I have no doubt that HTML5 will run, although I would not be suprised to find that it had somewhat inferior performance to a PC, simply because it may require some sort of optimisation that is not yet a priority because of the comparatively small number of websites running that code.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've tried some of my simple games on my N900, which should be comparable. At least very basic stuff (think asteroids) runs fine on it, and I'm guessing pandora will be faster with chromium. Also I've played Wars (see sig) on it, and the major problem is network lag, so at the very least non-animated turn based stuff is ok :)

I've tried some of my simple games on my N900, which should be comparable. At least very basic stuff (think asteroids) runs fine on it, and I'm guessing pandora will be faster with chromium. Also I've played Wars (see sig) on it, and the major problem is network lag, so at the very least non-animated turn based stuff is ok :)

Cool, sounds promising. That game looks cool btw, I'll give it a go sometime. What browser did you test on the N900 as a matter of interest?

Just realised this topic should be in "General Development", don't know why I posted it here. Can a mod move it please?

I used the default browser, microb. See a couple of examples here.

Also if you plan on doing multiplayer, check out gamenode (see sig). It's still in early development, but can already do a lot of fun stuff.

Wars does not yet have a public server you could try it on, but there's the virtual server image that lets you try it out locally.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back