Playing Html5 Games On Pandora

Adobe made a thing in cs5 that converted flash apps to native iphone apps. I wonder if someone could make a flash to html5 converter. Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems like plugins like flash and silverlight are not really needed any more. The only reason we need them is for videos and apps that haven't been ported to html 5.

maplesugarlover said:
Adobe made a thing in cs5 that converted flash apps to native iphone apps. I wonder if someone could make a flash to html5 converter. Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems like plugins like flash and silverlight are not really needed any more. The only reason we need them is for videos and apps that haven't been ported to html 5.
I heard some kind of rumor or Slashdot article (same shit) that Adobe intends to build an HTML + JS + SMIL + SVG + whatever exporter for Flash to this end.

Edit: Works fine in Arora, so the Pandora's Arora (The Pandorora) should be fine for this, which is lucky because I want to make some of these games, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
paddy said:
didn't load for me on latest IE.

IE is an obsolete Browser, even the latest version. :/
M$ dont want the users to be able to use HTML5.

I recommend you switching your browser :)

r00tw00t said:
html5? i can hear adobe flash cry
Actually, if Adobe could change their editor thingy to be able to output Html5, it could work out very much in their favour. They don't make any money on the flash plugins, not really. In fact, it costs them money. All their money is made on sales of the editor. They wanted "flash" to be on every platform, then everyone would use their editor to produce stuff. Html5 may be doing all the work for them.

Pleng said:
Aww gotta love the ending to The Legend of Sadness!
Yeah.

By the way, are these games meant to be completely silent?

WizardStan said:
Actually, if Adobe could change their editor thingy to be able to output Html5, it could work out very much in their favour. They don't make any money on the flash plugins, not really. In fact, it costs them money. All their money is made on sales of the editor. They wanted "flash" to be on every platform, then everyone would use their editor to produce stuff. Html5 may be doing all the work for them.
Except part of the the reason their editor is so successful is that there is no alternative to it, because flash was a closed format for a long time and even now is only partly open.
We're already seeing libraries to make games in HTML5, and they're only going to keep getting better.

What's more I rather doubt it's a simple job to switch a highly format dependant editor over to using HTML5, not impossible, but certainly a lot of effort.

I dislike Adobe like anyone else, but they way that Apple is treating them, I can't help but cheer for them. Fuck Apple...

Rodrigo Cardoso said:
[IE is an obsolete Browser, even the latest version. :/
M$ dont want the users to be able to use HTML5.

Huh? The IE9 technical preview took you straight to html5 demos.

hosant said:
I dislike Adobe like anyone else, but they way that Apple is treating them, I can't help but cheer for them. Fuck Apple...
It's just two imperial companies having a pissing contest, but S'Jobs was dead right about Adobe being a lazie company. Flash may have started out to be a thing that works on every platform, but it turned out be a thing that only worked well on a full blown computer.

hosant said:
why would you dislike adobe? They make some quality products most of which are free to the end user. Adobe acrobat and flash are 2 of the greatest things to come to the modern internet... they created the pdf format which is used and loved by many and has become a internet standard for document viewing and printing, the document form of FLAC. Flash was pretty much the standard for any kind of streaming video and animation up until stuff like silverlight and java hit the scene (well java came out first but not by much) html5 is obviously the future as it gets rid of the need for such propritary plug-ins but I just can't see how you can dislike the ones that pretty much helped modernize the internet as we currently view it.

I don't like how proprietary most of Adobe's products are, but they did innovate, and with regard to being closed and such, they pale in the glow of stupidity that seems to emanate from Apple.
We need a William Tell :lol:
So
^Also, does anybody know how to make it look like a strikethrough going through the Apple symbol? Thanks.
^^EDIT: Fixed, using red on the apple works.

fusion_power said:
Works good onto my Opera 10.51. However, these Games still need Java Script activated and I don't know if this can run onto the Pandora.

JavaScript will work just fine on pretty much any browser that you can throw at Pandora.

Java is an altogether issue, but none of the HTML demos require a Java VM.

Pleng said:
fusion_power said:
Works good onto my Opera 10.51. However, these Games still need Java Script activated and I don't know if this can run onto the Pandora.

JavaScript will work just fine on pretty much any browser that you can throw at Pandora.

Java is an altogether issue, but none of the HTML demos require a Java VM.
Good to know. I still have to remember myself, that Java and JavaScript are 2 different things. ^_^

I start to like Html5, here is more fun with it:
http://www.craftymind.com/2010/04/20/blowing-up-html5-video-and-mapping-it-into-3d-space/

jb0yx said:
hosant said:
why would you dislike adobe? They make some quality products most of which are free to the end user. Adobe acrobat and flash are 2 of the greatest things to come to the modern internet... they created the pdf format which is used and loved by many and has become a internet standard for document viewing and printing, the document form of FLAC. Flash was pretty much the standard for any kind of streaming video and animation up until stuff like silverlight and java hit the scene (well java came out first but not by much) html5 is obviously the future as it gets rid of the need for such propritary plug-ins but I just can't see how you can dislike the ones that pretty much helped modernize the internet as we currently view it.
I guess some folks don't remember just five or six years ago, when almost all embedded video and suchlike on the internet was in Windows-only formats. It was hugely inconvenient if you happened to not be a Windows user (which I wasn't, and am not, myself :p ).

The next logical step probably is HTML5, but I personally think it's a bit daft of people to pretend as though Flash (anyone remember when it was still Macromedia Flash? :p ) hasn't done some good.

i first started doing flash design when it was Macromedia, flash 6 i think it was, and Photoshop 4

I been looking at Silverlight videos as i want to teach myself that, but now thinging i might look at html5 as well/instead

jb0yx said:
html5 is obviously the future as it gets rid of the need for such propritary plug-ins

^ = Myth.

Fact:
http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Youtube+HTML5+does+not+work+in+Firefox

H.264 = proprietary codec (essentially a plugin) for HTML5.

Grench said:
H.264 = proprietary codec (essentially a plugin) for HTML5.
The HTML5 spec doesn't say anything (yet) about which codec is to be used.

Back