Http://www.gbax.com/pspreview.html

Once it's released, i'm planning on getting.... (Well, what my wallet allows me at the very least, just pick two random titles and assume I'll get those =P)

Untold Legends: (beautiful hack and slash RPG)

Dynasty warriors: (I love this series)

Dark Stalker Chronicles: Tower of chaos.

Burnout.

Ridge Racers .

Tales of eternia.

Ys (The game looks BEAUTIFUL)

Mercury.

And maybe coded arms (videos of it fail to impress me though, the shots lack oomph)

And on the earlier wipeout subject, watch the video (lemme find that link..)

http://media.psp.ign.com/media/682/682962/vids_1.html SCE europe trailer

It looks as good as the screens ;)

Totally random, just saw this and thought this was a funny comparison.

flying.gif
launch23ot.gif

He's clearly pushing out the ds one though :p.

LOL that's great.

Last edited by a moderator:
above post^
this could mean that in order to free the psp to run unsigned stuff all you would need is a hacked firmware update thingy?

NO

COZ ITS FAKE!!!!! AND WILL FUCK URE PSP UP

That's not what he's saying. He's saying that in the future a hacked firmware update might allow you to run homebrew stuff etc.

...and remember, it's not fake, it is an official update, it just isnt meant for the public yet (and will indeed mess up your PSP if you attempt to install it).

Alot of idiots on the gamefaqs forum are going "SEE? SEE? SONY IZ TRYING TO SCREW U!" because they think sony released it just to get the repair money... when they don't realize one important aspect.....

No one was supposed to get their hands on a file hidden in the backside of the sony website that was most likely on a passworded FTP :rolleyes: Much less flash your console with it.

Alot of idiots on the gamefaqs forum are going "SEE? SEE? SONY IZ TRYING TO SCREW U!" because they think sony released it just to get the repair money... when they don't realize one important aspect.....

No one was supposed to get their hands on a file hidden in the backside of the sony website that was most likely on a passworded FTP :rolleyes: Much less flash your console with it.

you're so naive... :p you're right about it wasn't for the repair fees though...

do you *really* think it wasn't meant to be out here? ;)

all the nintendo fanboys jumping all over that manual as sure proof that the PSP will indeed be region locked for games, as there is mention in there of the US PSP only playing games marked region 1.

I have to admit that both manuals are clearly contradicting what the sony reps have said up until now and they really need to get their story straight one way or another.

gamestop has something from some sony chief dude about this

once again he has stated that all games will be region free but this will not be the case for films.

also it tentatively points out this could potentially mean region locking in the future.

Here is a clip from an article dated Jan. 26th taken from www.gizmodo.com (NOT GizmoNdo! Gizmodo!). At the top of the article it shows a scan of the so called 'tentative' English PSP instruction manual, showing the same bit about region markings and compatibility as was included in the Japanese manual. Basically it says that the system will only play region 1 and region All games. Anyways, here is the clip:

"Despite putting a region code on their games (as seen in the FCC (english)manual), Sony has stated AGAIN that games for their upcoming portable platform will be region free. That means a game bought in Japan should work on North American PSPs, and vice-versa. It also means that it is possible for Sony to release a game in the future that is region locked. For now, though, they've told Gamespot we should mellow and enjoy."

Also, the article spray mentions ran at Gamespot.com, and actually quoted Sony Japan's Chief of Technology as saying that they would NOT lock the games 'for now', that they recognized it being a portable system, people were bound to travel to other territories with it and may want to buy games while visiting other regions.

The only scary thing that keeps popping up is that every time a Sony rep is quoted on this, they are quoted as saying that yes the games will be region free 'For now'. Always hinting that situation may change.

Seriously, every time some word is leaked about "oh my god but the manual says this!" and people keep running to Sony with "but you saaaaaiiid!" they're probably just gonna get pissed off and say fuggit and lock everything just to shut everyone up :p :angry:

Damn Ninty fanboys just STFU and leave it BE!

Excuse my stupidity here... If the manual says that the PSP can play region '1' and region 'all' then perhaps Sony have built in the facility *just in case*?

Perhaps the idea is that virtually all games will be published as region 'all' BUT in the event that for some strange reason a games company wants to restrict it's game to one region it can do so by publishing it as region '1' or '2' or whatever.

J(ohn)

Hiya,

Hope they don't suddenly change their minds, ive just won a PSP on ebay!!!!!

Simon

I *think* that the publishers have the right to region protect their games wit hthe PSP... not 100% sure on that.. I see if I can find a link..

well they keep saying games will be region free 'for now' yes I think this means that some games, down the road, will be region locked.

the confusion is, that right now, games already have region markings on them. All the japanese games say region 2 on them. and now the english manual saying "this system will only play games marked region 1 or all". Yet Sony insist that all the games released until now will work on US PSP's when they release. And that all games now or soon will be region free, regardless of what they say on the package.

The real problem is, when a region locked game DOES come down the pipe, how will we know it's locked if it still just has the same region marking??

from what i know things like what it says on the manual are purely formalities.i can't remember exactly why but they have to write the region even if it's region free,both on games and manuals and all that.so,yes there is some confusion around,but noone should worry,it's all region free except for probably movies

Hiya,

Just got my PSP and its awesome, can anyone tell me a good PSP site to use that has forums and stuff??

Simon

I think it was this months EDGE magazine that said

even though the XBOX and PS2 can play region free games many developers choose to region protect their titles in order to prevent importers

Back