Http://www.planetmule.com

klikklak

Oh neat, it's a ... field.
Website
Visit site
M.U.L.E. There's a new version of MULE around that's network enabled and runs on linux (it's java). There's not enough players though and I haven't yet managed to join a game. But maybe this thread'll help with that. Ars Technica article Here's a link to Ars technica where I first heard about it.

what? It's a retro gaming site and you guys don't know M.U.L.E.? One of the best games ever, originally on c64. It's basically a multiplayer development and trading game. Original was by Dan(i) Bunten back in 1983 (I think), and could be played by 4 players simultaneously. You start off by competing for land (selector moves and you press a button, if you press first you get the land), then you buy a mule to get smithore, crystals, energy or food from it. When the turn is over, everyone can sell their goods in a nicely done trading bit where everyone bids in real time.

lulzfish said:
It would be great if you could mention what it is and what it does and why I'd want to take the minute to look through their site?

Or alternatively, you could take a single minute to browse the webpage that was linked in the first post?

I've downloaded the Mac client, will post my impressions later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back