https://www.dragonbox.de - 1GHZ actually IN stock?

kingoddball

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm planning on buying one.

But I'm stuck between the two.

Rebirth and 1GHZ -

Is there a major difference (that can justify the extra few hundred)?

I'm planning on buying one.

But I'm stuck between the two.

Rebirth and 1GHZ -

Is there a major difference (that can justify the extra few hundred)?

Faster for emulators ! PS1 emulation should be even smoother, and if you like Arcade games on MAME / FBA, a 1ghz will always help to make things look better and more fluid :)

Office work is also lot of faster and smoother with the Giga Pandora.

Some N64 benefits and some high Android games also (didn't test the Android stuff on both Pandoras)

And yes, when there are 14 units in stock at Dragonbox then they are available and will be shipped during the next days (I know it, I helped there for over a month now and will go on hepking in the future :D )

Rebirth has a 600 MHz processor, which can be overclocked. Usually 900 MHz should be possible, some can do more, a few less.

The 1 GHz units ... guess what? ... and they can be overclocked to 1.2 GHz I think. Check this thread:

http://boards.openpa...pu-stress-test/

There are some other minor differences, but I am not sure one really notices those as normal user?

I think I've read somewhere that the 1GHz units have a better compatibility with some Android apps(?)

I'm currently upgrading to a 1 GHz unit (hope it ships soon, nudge, nudge :D ) for smoother browsing and better PC emulation. Not sure how much I will gain here. The standard clock I used on my old unit was 600 MHz, "heavy stuff" worked sufficiently well at 800 MHz and I rarely went beyond that. I used mine almost every day, so I figured it's worth spending the additional money to have everything run smoother. I can't say I felt that my Rebirth unit was hopelessly underpowered though or that an upgrade would be vital.

I'm sure I "need" one of these. No idea WHY, but I'm sure I need one...

Gotta try and justify the 1GHZ over the 600Mhz - The wife says "whats the diff"....

I won't be doing office work or anything like that... It will be games and terminal hacking! (A lot of ssh/VNC and telnet).

But want some fullspeed PSX and N64 (GTA3 android! NIICE!)

What do you use it for everyday?

I just see it as a toy - Maybe it can be a sweet ass every day machine.

Looking for uses other than hacking and screwing with Linux.

Browsing in front of the TV (or whenever I want to quickly check something), I have a TV-guide on there, EMail etc during conferences (great not having to carry that huge laptop and search for a free electrical outlet), gaming and watching videos while on the move ... I used it as replacement for my (actually quite good) MP3 player because the sound quality of the Pandora is truly unmatched! I used it to VNC to my PC and do stuff there, even used it to monitor telescope-observations and check the data over VNC and SSH. I sometimes use it to take notes during meetings. So I use it for a lot of serious stuff and work as well. This is was justified the price-tag for me.

Oh, and did I mention gaming? ;)

It's a tiny PC in your pocket (ok ... it needs to be a slightly bigger pocket). You'll probably find more stuff you can do with it, once you have it.

PSX runs smoothly at 600 MHz. N64 is far from being perfect though, so don't expect too much there (even with the 1GHz unit). If you want Android it probably makes sense to get the 1GHz unit. Depending on the video format you need more power, too.

If your wife says "nah" there's another reason to go for the 1 GHz one :D

For PSX there won't be any difference since 600MHz is enough for it really, unless you want graphics enhancement. N64 (depending on game) and Android will be faster on 1GHz because of faster GPU mostly.

And yes they are really in stock.

Go for 1GHz if you can. Otherwise you will always be calmless about your decision later, thinking of the possibilities of stronger machine ;-)

If you like high end audio, you'll be very happy with either options.

Bought it!

Soft case and a spare black case (Scratched). I'm sure a fluro green pandora would look cool...

$850... Hide THAT from my wife....

Seems like it will be a bit of fun. I'm going to take it hunting with me rather than my iPhone/iPad.

Better battery and USB GPS!

Could make a great reference tool, too!

Now it's time to find someone selling a second hand Original black.

I'd like a 256mb for some modding work.

PM sent.

Now it's time to impatiently wait for my delivery!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back