Humble Indie Bundle

None of the games (save the one prototype) are open source, and the developer has no incentive to make them so.
Also the system requirements are pretty high too. Shadowgrounds is the one with lowest requirements and still it is way above Pandora could do. Most of them won't even work on average laptop with integrated video card. Bought all previous bundles because I wanted to play some games but with this one it would be pure donation since I don't have hardware to run it on. I guess my 2.5GHz dual core laptop with Intel 4500HD won't cut it :-(

My guess is that your laptop should run this game without a problem if you tweaked the graphics settings. However, why not try the demo first?

Can't really understand the slight negativity this bundle has produced on the netz. Can't really see a bad side with Pay what you want, to who you want (charity or devs), if you want to.

Trine is a great game too.

and please people, dont be that asshole that buys the bundle for $0.01 as they have to pay more for paypal fees per transaction than that

well I did buy the previous bundles for a pretty large amount but now I dont have any cash so I bought it for $1,- its a bit sad, but I saw no other option.

Nice. I love these bundles.

I see that as usual, the Linux users are way more generous than the MAC and especially Windows users. I do hope that someday that will be seen as a sign that there actually is a market for Linux games. If only we were bigger in numbers then I wouldn't need to fall back onto wine for most games.

Nice. I love these bundles.

I see that as usual, the Linux users are way more generous than the MAC and especially Windows users. I do hope that someday that will be seen as a sign that there actually is a market for Linux games. If only we were bigger in numbers then I wouldn't need to fall back onto wine for most games.
A sales rep is reading these stats right now thinking "We could charge 50% more for a Linux version..."

They probably could. I'd pay an extra ten dollars for a game to come with a Linux client. I'd pay double for open-source (which is why I ended up paying only $20 for HIB2).

Edit: And I'm kind of glad I did. HIB2 wasn't as good as HIB1, IMHO. But then I got a free HIB1, which screws everything up in my price justification.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, I don't want to come across as a beggar, but could somebody gift me the bundle? I haven't a credit card..

Hey, I don't want to come across as a beggar, but could somebody gift me the bundle? I haven't a credit card..
...and yet this is the second consecutive HiB you've openly begged for.

If you're keen to avoid coming across as a beggar, perhaps not begging would be your first step?

[addendum]

All major credit cards are accepted! PayPal and Amazon Payments let you use your bank account as well. No prior account is actually needed
[/addendum]

If you're keen to avoid coming across as a beggar, perhaps not begging would be your first step?

What a dick. Anyone else think this guy is a dick? [No. We try to be nicer than that here. -gruso] [sorry. I thought he was quite deserving of the title, and still do. I'll try to be nicer next time -AquaAnalogue] The events may be true (I didn't check) but obviously he isn't begging. He kindly asked, and I've been in his position before, and it sucked. So, LineOf7s, eat a dick-- except that would be cannibalism.

Jourdy, I am planning on possibly getting a bundle for myself. If I decide to do that, I'll get you one as well. The proceeds will all go to charity (75% Child's Play, 25% EFF), just so you know.

If I don't get it though (and i'm a bit torn this time) then sorry :(

What a dick. Anyone else think this guy is a dick? The events may be true (I didn't check) but obviously he isn't begging. He kindly asked, and I've been in his position before, and it sucked. So, LineOf7s, eat a dick-- except that would be cannibalism.

Jourdy, I am planning on possibly getting a bundle for myself. If I decide to do that, I'll get you one as well. The proceeds will all go to charity (75% Child's Play, 25% EFF), just so you know.

Charming.

I may be a dick, but at least I didn't start my post with "Hey, I don't wanna come across as a dick, but..."

Thankyou for your input.

What a dick. Anyone else think this guy is a dick? The events may be true (I didn't check) but obviously he isn't begging. He kindly asked, and I've been in his position before, and it sucked. So, LineOf7s, eat a dick-- except that would be cannibalism.

Thank you Aqua. I wouldn't call Line that, that's a little... Harsh, for my taste. I have nothing against him. But thank you very much good sir, I'll be giving to charity IRL to help out Japan.

So I downloaded the complete games last night. Shadowgrounds and :Survivor have "Beta" in their filenames. Do you think my apprehension is justified? Also, I found it interesting how the trailer for the HFB announced those games as "now being available for Linux," even though they've been available on Linux Game Publishing's web site for quite some time.

Sorry for the bump, but I think some people might find this interesting. I was trying out Shadowgrounds and Survivor in Linux and thought they weren't playing at the level I though they should be. So I thought I would check out some things. For one, I would see how well they played in Windows. I went back to the downloads section and noticed something: buttons to download the source code had found their way to the Survivor games!

party_10.gif
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!
party_10.gif

Edit: And here's a news article: http://www.destructoid.com/frozenbyte-bundle-owners-get-source-code-level-editor-199423.phtml

Edit 2: But they probably can't be ported to the Pandora without some serious hamstringing and ingenuity.

Leaving aside the cranked down flame, I was gifted myself with this bundle, like I was with the Indie Bundle 2 and... I must say that Trine is freaking Awesome! And saying Awesome I mean like Awesomest! If you value this bundle very little, then pay for it very little, but let's keep this opportunity alive, and let's hope that the next one will be more Indie...

It would be nice if someone would polish his Pandora game and it would be added as a bonus "and if you own this spectacular Indie console, you will play with this nice extra Pandora game" :-D

ugh I hate being in debt. Still have to pay soooooo much existential stuff, I just can't afford it right now, but I would love to buy this bundle even for owlboy alone. Goatsimulator is cool and a nice addition, but Ziggurat, Windward and Steamworld Heist are more intriguing.

ugh I hate being in debt. Still have to pay soooooo much existential stuff, I just can't afford it right now, but I would love to buy this bundle even for owlboy alone. Goatsimulator is cool and a nice addition, but Ziggurat, Windward and Steamworld Heist are more intriguing.

Proper attitude.

But do You use steam? Since I don't, I might gift You the code for owlboy (if I decide to buy it), should it make You a lot more happier.

Reactions: ___
Back