Fallout 4 (10th of November 2015 release date)

Nintendo

Nintendo Switch
Judging by some of the gameplay footage in the official trailer...Looks like graphics have improved a lot!

Day 1 purchase (SONY PS4 version) for me :wub:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Lnn2rJpjar4?feature=oembed

FALLOUT 4'S FIRST GAMEPLAY DETAILS (IN BOLD = AWESOME)

• Story begins pre-apocalypse.
  • You can create a female character!
  • Select specific facial features and sculpt in real time; no sliders
  • Nuka Cola in the fridge.
  • Vault-Tech sales rep comes to the door to pitch you to come to a vault.
  • Recorded 1,000 names to be said in game.
  • S.P.E.C.I.A.L. system is back for determining attributes.
  • You emerge 200 years later as the sole survivor of vault 111.
  • "Player freedom remains our absolute number one goal" - Todd Howard
  • Built on the next generation of their "Creation Engine"
  • Conversation choices are mapped to face buttons, no scrolling through options.
  • Dialogue, and everything else can be done in first or third person.
  • Dog companion can be ordered around by pointing at objects and giving contextual commands such as picking up items, attacking enemies, and activating switches.
  • VATS returns, looks very similar to Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas iteration.
  • Molerats sighted!
  • Pipboy returns. Fully animated. You can find game tapes to play on it. Games copyrighted 2053. Donkey Kong clone, Missile Defense clone sighted.
  • Real life Pipboy included in collector's edition! Can hold your smartphone, and will have a companion app.
  • You can scrap most items in the game to create a multitude of items, structures and buildings
  • This all happens in real time. Craft terminals that control activatable fixtures like turrets, light arrays, etc.
  • 50 base weapons, 700 weapon modifications, each one craftable.
  • Build and modify your own set of power armor, including individual leg and armor slots.
  • Throw down smoke markers to call for an airlift. Unclear whether you can do that anytime/anywhere though.
  • Fallout 4 will be released November 10, 2015!!!

http://au.ign.com/ar...d-story-details

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great. Love the music in the trailer, suitably epic and sentimental.

Let's take a stroll through the wastes one more time :)

Still waiting for New Vegas DRM free. -_- °

Any information if there'll be a Linux port?

There already is at least one with Havok engine (Shadow Warrior 2013) so somehow I hoped Fallout 3 and Oblivion would follow at some point.

There already is at least one with Havok engine (Shadow Warrior 2013) so somehow I hoped Fallout 3 and Oblivion would follow at some point.
Bethesda supporting Linux ? dont make me laugh, you almost choked me :)

These assholes are Bethesda are probably even worse than Microsoft in terms of Linux support. They have tons of games with binaries for Linux (thanks to Carmack until some point) yet these motherfuckers do not even release them on Steam. That's the kind of scums you are dealing with.

These assholes are Bethesda are probably even worse than Microsoft in terms of Linux support. They have tons of games with binaries for Linux (thanks to Carmack until some point) yet these motherfuckers do not even release them on Steam. That's the kind of scums you are dealing with.
I'll stick to my dream! ...desperately...

Looks great. Love the music in the trailer, suitably epic and sentimental.
I found completely Meh compared to the trailer of Fallout 3.

And the dog animation is just horrible, it looks like it's made by an amateur who botched the motion capture or something. 
Yeah, that dog movement is weird, and its graphic quality doesn't match with the enviroment of trailer...

Can't disagree with the comments about the dog. Even so I still liked it. I haven't played much of the series but I've always liked the concept. Probably won't be buying this one but I look forward to seeing what they do.

hmm migt want to look into this series... lets start with one.
Fallout 1 is still my favourite in the series although I enjoy the others too.

Don't forget to use this:

http://www.nma-fallout.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1441

In case you get the censored UK version:

http://www.nma-fallout.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1348

And for the even more censored German version:

http://www.fallout-files.de//dl/1209246948_Fallout1v12UncutPatch.exe
Thanks

Bethesda has a day just for  them. This trailer is not just the trailer for Fallout 4 but also the trailer for E3. The eye grabbing money maker if you ask me

Edit: I don't really see the point with the dog being unnatural. The paws don't seem to slide over the place like a moon walk. the moving parts look realistic, the graphics of the dog are typical. Maybe you mean the shoulder/thigh joints of the dog? I look really hard and they seem slightly robust.

the moving parts look realistic
God, do you work for Bethesda ? It's pretty obvious the dog is botched animator's work. Everything looks fake about it. It's extremely low-poly, the hair is just a texture, and it literally slides on the ground at several times in the trailer. And I'm not even talking about the motion capture artifacts which have been grossly left in. And at 2:24, the dog goes through herbs like he's a ghost or something. That's really a sequence made last minute for the E3.

I also noted immediately the dog issues... it did some unnatural movements and seemed not so integrated to the background sometimes...

With a game like that you should expect a superior graphic aspect.

So they are assholes, motherfuckers and scum for not releasing THEIR product on a platform you like.

Back