Hurrican

danboid

Hurrican is an unoffical modern update / tribute to one of the most legendary 8 and 16 bit era video games - Turrican. and it can be downloaded for FREE here:

http://www.turrican.gamevoice.de/hurrican_site

Hurrican and its level editor are currently win32/DirectX only and its requirements state a minimum of 512MB RAM but the good news for the posix peeps is it does run flawlessly under recent versions of wine. However there is currently no Linux port and the author states he neither has the time nor knowledge on porting the game to Linux / SDL / GLES etc. The good news is the the author of Hurrican, Poke53280, is eager to see it ported to Linux and the nixs and so acquiring the source will not be a problem for anyone seriously willing and able to help in porting Hurrican to Linux.

The GoodDoktor has already shown some interest in helping port Hurrican to the Pandora in his reply to my original thread on Hurrican in the General Discussion forum but at this moment in time I'm unaware if he has got in touch or had any response from Poke53280. Anybody else eager to help should get in touch with Poke53280 - contact details on the Hurrican homepage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Huirrican is bad ass but is a thread in the development forum necessary when there's another thread already and there's no source code yet?
PS, a lot of what Tesla did was cool but don't fool yourself

Max exposure can't harm but as to whether or not both threads should survive- I'll leave that decision up to the admins - feel free to delete this thread or the other one if you feel having two is wasting space or counter productive.

'danboid' said:
The GoodDoktor has already shown some interest in helping port Hurrican to the Pandora in his reply to my original thread on Hurrican in the General Discussion forum but at this moment in time I'm unaware if he has got in touch or had any response from Poke53280.
Dude, it's only been a day.

I'll have a look at the source if it's publicly available but I certainly won't be hassling anyone to release their private source, I simply don't have the time or the energy.

Back