Release Hydra Castle Labyrinth

The only error message I could find is:

The key you just pressed is not recognized by SDL. To help get this fixed, please report this to the SDL forums/mailing list <https://discourse.libsdl.org/> X11 KeyCode 147 (139), X11 KeySym 0x1008FF65 (XF86MenuKB).
best_index=4

And I confirm that game is working fine when Code::Blocks PND is mounted.

Cheers, Magic Sam

@ptitSeb : I think I understand where the bug is coming from.

In appdata/hydracastlelabyrinth/.hydracastlelabyrinth/system.ini, xbrz is still set to "off" by default after a clean install. I set it to "on" and the black screen issue disappeared.

Cheers, Magic Sam

Ok, I fixed that scaling. So now, blocky scale works (well, it doesn't change much on pandora screen)

Build 06
-----------

• Fixed non-xbrz scaling

@ptitSebIn appdata/hydracastlelabyrinth/.hydracastlelabyrinth/system.ini, xbrz is still set to "off" by default after a clean install. I set it to "on" and the black screen issue disappeared.

In my case it is still off, but changing SGX driver to 1.6 made the graphic visible

"xbrz=off" in settings.ini seems ignored, the game always starts with it ON.

It is not a great issue, because you can change it even during a play session, but just to let you know.

Just finished the game, cool stuff. :happy: It's really perfect for this device.

An advice to new players: red blocks can be destroyed from the beginning if you get the pickaxe some rooms left from the starting area, and some of them contain upgrades.
The most useful upgrade is the "bell", that once found will ring in every room you enter that contains a "secret"... it's up to you then to find how to discover it.

There is no map, but the area is not extremely big, and at some point you can navigate it without too much issues.

Last edited:
hi i downloaded this for pandoraa cc model, but screen is not displaying game (which is running ok)?
thanks for any help

hi i downloaded this for pandoraa cc model, but screen is not displaying game (which is running ok)?
thanks for any help

You'll need the "sgx_drivers_r2.pnd" linked HERE, and follow the instructions.

Once installed, run it from the "System" menu and select a 1.6 driver.

After that you can run Hydra Castle with graphic.

For some other games maybe you'll have to change again the driver version, and most of the time the "default" one (1.4) is ok, but not in this case.

You'll need the "sgx_drivers_r2.pnd" linked HERE, and follow the instructions.

Once installed, run it from the "System" menu and select a 1.6 driver.

After that you can run Hydra Castle with graphic.

For some other games maybe you'll have to change again the driver version, and most of the time the "default" one (1.4) is ok, but not in this case.
ah right ok thanks!

edit/
bah tried all the 1.6 drivers some work but they are unstable on CC pandora : (

Last edited:
Back