I accidentally broke the LCD screen of my Pandora

Zero3K

Website
Visit site
I tripped over the PSP AC Adaptor cord that was plugged into it which made it fall and close. When I opened it to see if it was still working, the LCD is black no matter which position its in. I tried looking at the cable connecting it to the Motherboard and saw that it was plugged in properly.

That's most probably not the LCD but a coil that came off the PCB.

Are you afraid of soldering?

That's most probably not the LCD but a coil that came off the PCB.

Are you afraid of soldering?
I don't have a soldering tool and the right kind of screwdriver to unscrew the left screw under the battery and the two on the bottom of its back.

I didn't buy it from you and I don't want to have to wait 1-2 months for it to be back in my hands.

I didn't buy it from you and I don't want to have to wait 1-2 months for it to be back in my hands.
Last I knew Link doesn't deal with anything that needs soldering, but he maybe able to swap the unit out with a working one and have the broken unit shipped back for repair. I guess a PM or email to Link maybe a good next step.

Last I knew Link doesn't deal with anything that needs soldering, but he maybe able to swap the unit out with a working one and have the broken unit shipped back for repair. I guess a PM or email to Link maybe a good next step.
I did just that a few seconds ago.

EDIT: I don't think he'll respond to me since he was last seen here on March 1st.

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't there somebody in your neighbourhood that is good with a soldering iron?

Some electronic technician or something?

I gave it to my sister's boyfriend who knows a guy that'll fix it sometime this week. So, I should get it back sometime soon or when I go out to eat with them and my Dad on Sunday.

Well I guess since my problem is similar I might as well just continue with this thread...

My screen, when I wake/boot the Pandora, is super-dim. Dim enough that it can be mistaken as not on, but if I look closely in a not too bright environment I can just barely make out the display. Rebooting it doesn't help

The happened randomly when I woke up my Pandora throughout last week, and a random combination of sleeping/waking-up and opening/closing the screen fixed it, but yesterday morning it just got stuck in this dim state.

The brightness setting is maxed out, and I opened up the Pandora to check the ribbon cable to the screen and it was perfectly fine. (And in the process I snapped off the L shoulder button component, but I found how to fix that on another thread.)

Is there any way I can bring the brightness back up?

No, but my screen is now magically working again.

(And I just stripped a screw. The coil mentioned in this thread I managed to check though, and it was fine)

Ah.

That might explain it. I never disected that part.

...I think I just found a pattern?

Whenever the screen dims from idling, it dims pitch-black and stays at that brightness. (Still ever-so-slightly visible)

Back