I Am Ashamed.

Rayek

Recovering Sega Addict
okay, myspace. I said it.
It sucks, but I couldn't help it once I left high school, and so many of my friends used it, so I thought it would be a good way to keep in touch for the while, and it's worked well in that respect. Everything else sucks. A really good example follows:

GP2X Myspace... Ugh.

These folks have good intentions, but if you look at the posts it's eveident that they need some schooling. I've taken it upon myself to kind of set things straight (They were telling people not to upgrade the firmware :blink: ), and they're belligerent in accepting what I told them.

They were stating on the front page that the GP2X played MPEG movies, OGG files, and WMV videos.

Me:
"just for an fyi, so people don't get the wrong idea...

the GP2X doesn't support mpeg or wmv, no ogg playback either, and not all the picture files match up with the specs. you should also link to the wiki and the dev wiki.

just a suggestion"

Some Guy:
"where the proof?"

Me:
"What?

Proof that none of that works? How about you buy a GP2X and try to play an mpeg on it? Or some ogg files?"

Another Guy:
"Doesn't mean you wont be able to in the future. It's all about development."

Case and point, I guess. I'm not trying to put them down, just hoping that some folks who know something (other than me) join and so we can start some actual conversation. I mean, a few forumgoers here use myspace, perhaps you could pop in every now and again.

Hmm. They had WMA there, too. I thought ogg didn't work out-of-the-box. Not to diss anyone's work, but it looked like they were saying mpeg worked out of the box that way. Okay, disregard.

Edit: clarification

My school recently sent out a public awareness letter to all the parents of attendees that basically calls MySpace a scourge and a danger to our children. Someone in our school got raped or something from a MySpace account; the details are fuzzy as it's still preliminary to the trial and it involves minors.

iignotus posted on Feb 25 2006 at 10:25 PM said:
My school recently sent out a public awareness letter to all the parents of attendees that basically calls MySpace a scourge and a danger to our children. Someone in our school got raped or something from a MySpace account; the details are fuzzy as it's still preliminary to the trial and it involves minors.
yeah my school called out a "myspace Meeting" that was supposed to be mandatory, but im a senior so I didnt go. Instead I hit up white castle YUM!

Last edited by a moderator:
iignotus posted on Feb 25 2006 at 10:25 PM said:
my school did that, still haven't been raped tho from myspace, been trying tho.

why are there like 5 GP2x myspace groups.... I'm in most of them

Last edited by a moderator:
Back