I Cant Navigate Gph's Fungp Site

juanisan

Still Fresh
Is it just me or is their web site the most horrible abomination on the planet!?! It seems like there are supposed to be side menus, top menus, etc but it is a total vertical site. I cant register my new Caanoo because it wants me to download some windows software. I have been on Linux for well over 15 years. How can I register it. What do MAC users do? This is horrible.

I am having a problem connecting it via USB and mounting the SD card. I can mount it. See the contents. I attempt to transfer files to it and I get about 100 Megs into the transfer and it freezes. If I view my syslog I can see USB bus resets then eventually a kernel OOPS. I can disconnect the cable, unmount, and try again, but I never get far in transfers at all. Am I missing a step on the Caanoo? On my GP2X F-100 I had to go to a menu option to turn on the USB link. I cant see anything on the Caanoo, but it registers when I plug it in. But it doesnt work. I wanted to post this on the GPH site so I could possibly get some support and I cant get SQUAT to work! Damn impossible to navigate or even post.

I have been successful by taking the SD card out and putting it into a USB dongle and copy all my files. But I shouldnt have to do this.

I am really trying to like this Caanoo but my F100 works better than this. Back then their site worked so that I could post problems. I cant get anything to work -- their site nor the Caanoo. I just want to get on their site and ask them for help!!!

I downloaded the latest firmware 1.6.1. But it still doesnt work. I still cant get videos to work properly. All the suggestions of mplayer were helpful but it is still hit or miss. My F-100 works better than this. I am about ready to throw this thing out it is frustrating.

Juanisan said:
Is it just me or is their web site the most horrible abomination on the planet!?! It seems like there are supposed to be side menus, top menus, etc but it is a total vertical site. I cant register my new Caanoo because it wants me to download some windows software. I have been on Linux for well over 15 years. How can I register it. What do MAC users do? This is horrible.

I am having a problem connecting it via USB and mounting the SD card. I can mount it. See the contents. I attempt to transfer files to it and I get about 100 Megs into the transfer and it freezes. If I view my syslog I can see USB bus resets then eventually a kernel OOPS. I can disconnect the cable, unmount, and try again, but I never get far in transfers at all. Am I missing a step on the Caanoo? On my GP2X F-100 I had to go to a menu option to turn on the USB link. I cant see anything on the Caanoo, but it registers when I plug it in. But it doesnt work. I wanted to post this on the GPH site so I could possibly get some support and I cant get SQUAT to work! Damn impossible to navigate or even post.

I have been successful by taking the SD card out and putting it into a USB dongle and copy all my files. But I shouldnt have to do this.

I am really trying to like this Caanoo but my F100 works better than this. Back then their site worked so that I could post problems. I cant get anything to work -- their site nor the Caanoo. I just want to get on their site and ask them for help!!!

I downloaded the latest firmware 1.6.1. But it still doesnt work. I still cant get videos to work properly. All the suggestions of mplayer were helpful but it is still hit or miss. My F-100 works better than this. I am about ready to throw this thing out it is frustrating.

Their website does suck but there really is no need for it. Everything you could want is on the archive. As for transferring via the usb cable I have no issues and either do my friends it might be on your side or a bad caanoo. I have no transfer issues in linux or windows. I found that using a SD reader is much faster anyway

Last edited by a moderator:
Back