I did it!

Are you saying your save states actually work in snes9x?

When I save or load a save state it just crashes for me. And now my saves aren't working at all (ingame saves) :( I've tested it many times in Chrono trigger and I've all but given up (last save was before Magus which takes a good half hour, gets tedious after the first 4 times though)

Last edited by a moderator:
EarthBound is definitely not a hard RPG. What brings me back to it is the pop culture references (can you say Blues Brothers?), the humor and the general zaniness of the game. Threed is probably my favorite town. I love how you can actually talk to some of the zombies and how they have personality.

It's just a very unique game and I love it. I'd rate it as my favorite game of all time, and that's hard for me to say since there are so many other great games.

I tried playing Mother 3, but I couldn't get into it. It probably has something to do with the fact that my love for EarthBound is tied to when I was young, carefree and had loads of time to play my SNES.

I've played Mother and I couldn't really get into that either. Eh. It was a sad realization when I discovered that I wasn't really able to enjoy new games anymore and I really only get enjoyment playing those old games that brought me so much joy many, many years ago.

Are you saying your save states actually work in snes9x?

When I save or load a save state it just crashes for me. And now my saves aren't working at all :( I've tested it many times in Chrono trigger and I've all but given up (last save was before Magus which takes a good half hour, gets tedious after the first 4 times though)

NBA Jam is the only game that I've tried a save state on so far. Crono Trigger is a bad-ass game, but not one that I'd want to play sans save states. Hmm. I don't know what would cause that problem.

It was a sad realization when I discovered that I wasn't really able to enjoy new games anymore and I really only get enjoyment playing those old games that brought me so much joy many, many years ago.
I'm like this also. What I found that gets me hooked on new old games, er, old games I have never played so they're new for me, is I watch some play it through videos on youtube. I watch enough to where I hear enough of their nostalgic memories of the game that they starts my brain connecting the same game with my childhood. That is the reason I only like 'play it through' videos where the youtuber talks through them.

I'm like this also. What I found that gets me hooked on new old games, er, old games I have never played so they're new for me, is I watch some play it through videos on youtube. I watch enough to where I hear enough of their nostalgic memories of the game that they starts my brain connecting the same game with my childhood. That is the reason I only like 'play it through' videos where the youtuber talks through them.

When people talk about great games that have amazing stories, I always think to myself that nothing will ever beat FFVII or Xenogears - at least, not for me. I've heard that a few of the newer FF's had excellent stories, but I can't get myself to commit the time it would take to play them.

As much as I loved Metal Gear Solid, the series almost lost my attention with MGS2 because of how just... weird it got. MGS3 was awesome, however, and so I did finally get a PS3 when MGS4 launched... and then I promptly never played more than an hour of it. I finally resorted to watching the ending on youtube recently just so I would know what finally happened to good ol' Solid Snake.

And yet I will still happily replay MGS time and time again. I own a copy for my PS, the Game Cube, and the PC version. The same with FFVII (the PC version, I mean).

Fyi: I downloaded latest snes emulator. I got my pandora last month and to begin with downloaded everything off the app store

Fyi: I downloaded latest snes emulator. I got my pandora last month and to begin with downloaded everything off the app store

Hard to say. Perhaps the config files are borked? Barring that, maybe reformat your SD card?

Save states are really a very good thing for a handheld.

I have owned Super Ghouls n Ghosts on various platforms: Original Super Famicom, PSP and Wii, but Pandora is the best of all.

The fact that I can make a save sate before an end boss is of course cheating, but I just don't have the time to re-play the whole level, and I don't have the skills to do it every time without dieing.

Save states are a crucial part of the wonder of Pandora for me. I can re-visit the games I owned but never beat, and I can complete them at my own pace, without cruel save points ruining the fun.

I now tend to have two "Game modes"

1.) Play without save states and see how far I can get

2.) "Trainer mode" use save sets to complete the game and learn it's secrets.

Despite having an uber gaming PC, a PS3, a 360 and a Wii, the Pandora is getting most of my game time these days, and has been since I recieved it in July.

1.) Play without save states and see how far I can get

2.) "Trainer mode" use save sets to complete the game and learn it's secrets.

Despite having an uber gaming PC, a PS3, a 360 and a Wii, the Pandora is getting most of my game time these days, and has been since I recieved it in July.

This is how it's going to go for me as well. Currently, I'm replaying EarthBound for the SNES. I save in the game regularly, through the in-game save spots, but I've already played through this game several times legitimately, so I don't mind using save states to help get through a little faster. It's not like it's a hard game, but it can be a bummer to die after leveling up in a dungeon and having to start at the entrance again.

My Wii and PS3 also go unused for gaming.

Power Strike on the SMS is a pretty tough game, took me a long time to finish that, probably the hardest game I remember finishing.

Plenty of course which I never finished until emulation.

First thing I did with my Pandora was complete Robocop via MAME, good times.

If anyone's after a really, REALLY difficult game, which I have no doubt that almost nobody completed on the original hardware, I would highly recommend High Seas Havoc for the Mega Drive.

I think one of the most difficult games ever was Kid Chameleon on the Mega Drive...

Now that I think of it. With the Pandora's controls, hopefully I will be able to finish the GB's Robocop. It was way better than the NES version and even followed the movie. I never made it past level 7 "Escape from OCP"...just too much stuff shooting at you. I will definitely need save states to figure my way through that one. It was one of those games that if you were 99% done with a level and died, back to the beginning. But it was also a fun game which showed just how good the graphics and game play could be on the Gameboy. It also had neat twists like shooting the bad guy first person style without harming the hostage. I still think that game was never recognized for how sophisticated it made the Gameboy seem, like I said graphics and game play were way better than the NES. Way better.

Back