I Didn't Get The Newsletter

MingusSamba

Still Fresh
Hi all,

until now I didn't get the Newsletter. I got the informations from here but I am worried that after all this time my preorder is lost and I will not receiva my Pandora when it will be finally ready.

Is anyone else in my situation?

MS

MingusSamba said:
Hi all,

until now I didn't get the Newsletter. I got the informations from here but I am worried that after all this time my preorder is lost and I will not receiva my Pandora when it will be finally ready.

MS
You have to have subscribed to the newsletter to get it. You won't get it just because you ordered.

Go to the bottom of http://openpandora.org/ and enter your email to subscribe to any eventual upcoming newsletters.

Last edited by a moderator:
We don't add people to the newsletter list, you have to add yourself. Keeps us in the clear for any rules which cover spam etc. etc.

BTW, I must have accidentally entered my e-mail multiple times or something, because I got a total of 6 newsletter emails. You might need to check your list for duplicates a bit more often!

The problems were from joomla, it didn't like the fact there are 15,000 people on the mailing list and kept dying at about 2000.

So I wrote a perl script to use sendmail, problem solved, just took 6 hours to complete the send.

Yah I got it 3 times- I thought it ironic that it said it was the final Newsletter before release, and it just kept coming to me :p

I subscribed to the newsletter, got one in March, but I haven't received a newsletter since then

I feel left out :(

MingusSamba said:
Hi all,

MS

OH My GOD!
I SO knew that at lest one post of this kind would happen.

Calm down everyone! OMG!

@Craig: next tim you should allow pre-order only for people older then 21 :)

Creature XL said:
MingusSamba said:
Hi all,

MS

OH My GOD!
I SO knew that at lest one post of this kind would happen.

Calm down everyone! OMG!

@Craig: next tim you should allow pre-order only for people older then 21 :)
Er no. How about we use some sort of maturity/intelligence test? :p

craigix said:
The problems were from joomla, it didn't like the fact there are 15,000 people on the mailing list and kept dying at about 2000.

So I wrote a perl script to use sendmail, problem solved, just took 6 hours to complete the send.
As a spamming professional I found the best method is to use that perl script to create a maildir of messages then point postfix at it and stand back.

Well, I _did_ subscribe to the newsletter (obviously! I wanted to be notified about when orders would start to be taken for the Pandora). And I didn't receive any newsletter then, and I still haven't received this last one. I did receive the correspondence related to the re-order and all that, so it's not like my mail address isn't working.

dflemstr said:
MingusSamba said:
Hi all,

MS
You have to have subscribed to the newsletter to get it. You won't get it just because you ordered.

Go to the bottom of http://openpandora.org/ and enter your email to subscribe to any eventual upcoming newsletters.

thank you very much for your reply. This helped me a lot.
Maybe may waiting for my Pandora will end soon :)

MS

I just found out I did receive tree copies of the newsletter - it's just that they all ended up in the spam folder. Yay!

Alec  said:
I just found out I did receive tree copies of the newsletter - it's just that they all ended up in the spam folder. Yay!

Really? Tree copies? I didn't think they could do that via The Internet.

Still, good for you - I know if I were a member of the OpenPandora team, the cockles of my heart would feel much warmed by your post :D

Back