I Don't like the new version of the board

Evil_Cartman

I am made of jellay.
Website
Visit site
I don't like the new version of the board. On the front page, where the new posts come, the new topics come instead, any idea to fix this so that the new posts come on the front page?

That's always been how it's been... if you hit the Discussion Board option, then you get a list of all the individual rooms in the forum - and there it'll tell you the new posts as opposed to topics...

Yeah, search would be useful... Especially considering how much the board has grown, and that a lot of questions will have by now already been answered before...

Tobriand posted on Jul 16 2003 said:
That's always been how it's been... if you hit the Discussion Board option, then you get a list of all the individual rooms in the forum - and there it'll tell you the new posts as opposed to topics...
Yea, but not many ppl wants to go to the discussiom board option. Take this as example. My thread about selling my GP32 is totally dead after it dissapeared from the front page :(

anyway, i also want search back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Erm.. the search option is available from the bottom-right of the screen in the drop-down box. :)

Search is also in the My Assistant link at the top, but it should be much easier to find.

I don't agree with showing new posts on the front page. There are often 20+ new posts in a day and things would quickly disappear. If new posts were shown then most people would never even have seen your topic about selling your gp32 (it would probably have gone from the front page in less than an hour).

woogal posted on Jul 16 2003 said:
If new posts were shown then most people would never even have seen your topic about selling your gp32 (it would probably have gone from the front page in less than an hour).
your right... tho the sticky's should be on the front page.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually I think this is the best board I've been on. GP32emu.com's emuboards are extremely crowded and so small and nitty gritty that I seldom go there because of it.

your right... tho the sticky's should be on the front page.

Now that WOULD be a pain in the ass. Considering there are about 9 stickies, that would leave about -1 spaces left :p

I think this board is one of the best I've seen. Just spend some time looking around the options, you'll find loads of useful things.

The best board is the subspace channel to my knowledge followed by this.

GP32Emu only has one, blocking annoyance: New Posts shows up all the posts, for GBA, XBox, main site and GP32. First thing I do when I visit the forums is click View New Posts, so that was pretty much a killer. Also the lack of a true 'general' board stops some people from posting about things.

Back