I drew a logo - both simple and pretty versions

Binky

Death's Steed
Staff member
pxxd.png

I think it could be suitable for a pandora-sucessor (a hash, a square/box, lines in different directions, ...), and it's partially inspired by comradekingu's stuff, which is nice but over-complex imo.

More importantly, I was considering something that could be very simple (20x20px, 1-bit colour) - or all snazzy and prettied up.

Too many of the suggested logos round here are obvious rehashes of the existing pandora logo - or don't work in monochrome - or are too complicated - or will look outdated in a few years.

What thinks?

In my view the simple monochrome version looks best, i'm not a fan of the colours (reminds me of the old Channel 4 logo from the 1980's) as far as shading is concerned less is more, nevertheless, nice work! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't really put much thought into the colour(s) ;) - feel free to suggest any possible improvements.

Your link is broken, btw....

How does this relate to the heritage or function of the successor, or to the company or device name? Can't I see it or is it just something random?

Why not use the existing thread, where all the other suggestions are, to keep stuff in one place?

It looks a bit like a '#', which makes me think of programming, shell scripts, etc

Lines coming together could be seen to represent community

Squares are a little like boxes

It it pretty random though ;)

It doesn't seem a good idea to have one monster thread with everybody's suggestions and comments on every possible logo or name :unsure:

That's a beautiful logo Binky, kingu's version seems fitting too.

Should the name and the logo be related in some way? Okay, so 'open' Pandora and the closed box logo aren't related, but most logos are. So ought we wait until the name had been decided?

I'd be in favour of keeping all this in the one monster thread until after the name poll deadline at least. That said, I like the original (top left) version of the logo and Kingu's edit.

no offense but it sort of reminds me of the windows logo (pretty version)

^I like that and the third one down from your last post.

maybe a -45° rotation of the 4th and the 5th seem nice (from the last 5 pics)

Had a quick go at making it box shaped.

Yw8NfVg.png
Spoilered because I can't for the life of me figure out how to do the attachment thumbnail thing.

Or any attachments at all...

Spoilered because I can't for the life of me figure out how to do the attachment thumbnail thing.

Or any attachments at all...
"More Reply Options" from bottom right corner.

Sorry, "Use Full Editor" :p

Sorry, WTF. It's not there anymore either :D

^ It's only there in some subfora, and this is not one of them.

Back