I finally bought my GP32!

Azure

Trust the recursion...
I just bought my gp32 from Play-Asia! I wanted to get it for a long time now, but I kept telling myself to wait until a perfect snes emu would be released, but I couldn't wait any longer. I was only interested in gbc, nes, and snes, but you guys kept saying that there are lots of other emus that are great, like gpengine. I bought a front-lit gp32, 128 SMC, and a gp32 carrying case. I can't wait until it arrives. However, after reading this article: http://www.retrogames.com/gp32flu_review_1.html i am nervous about dust getting into the screen and creating the trapezoid effect.

yup, it's gonna suck. shouldn't've bought it man.. it makes a pretty reliable doorstop though...

Come on, don't discourage the guy. I saw some pics of the GP32 flu and although i saw the trapezoid effect it wasn't that bad. Besides, not all GP32s have that problem.

I just got mine a couple of days ago from play-asia, and I've been such a happy gamer the past couple of days. I love it.

Hey, I was not the buyer, but I think you thought I had the remorse. I just don't want people to get a bad opinion about this place, they want it to be helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not that I want to diss the product, but the FLU unit does suffer from dust. I took the front screen off (Very carefully!) and managed to blow (Compressed air) the dust off and then put the screen back on again. I scratched the screen a little, but I have a spare one if I get annoyed with the scratch - It's in one of the corners, so I cannot really see it.

I don't suffer from the trapezoid effect, so cannot comment on that - Sorry.

The only thing, I think, you'll have to worry about is the few (if any) bits of dust... But after playing a game for a little bit, you'll soon forget they are there.

You have to remember that this is a cheap unit - Made on the cheap! But it's damn good none the less! Ooh the fun playing movies (Full one's at that!) and playing old Lucasarts games :) Just waiting for the emus to get a bit better now, but it's a handy portable movie device at the moment!

Back