I finally have my Pandora

Great mini review, and I'm glad to see you found it worth the wait. Your unit appears to be one of the higher quality ones to roll out, which is good to see. I hate seeing the comments form those who have waited years, just to get a spongy button, or some other minor problem.

You also seem to know what your doing, as you seem to have given the proper reviews to the emu's.

Welcome to the party. PLEASE, reccomend to friends and family! ;)

Chris

I'm verry glad to see Super Mario 64.

It was the first game I played on my Pandora.

You had a good start with your Pandora :D

Great mini review, and I'm glad to see you found it worth the wait. Your unit appears to be one of the higher quality ones to roll out, which is good to see. I hate seeing the comments form those who have waited years, just to get a spongy button, or some other minor problem.

You also seem to know what your doing, as you seem to have given the proper reviews to the emu's.

Welcome to the party. PLEASE, reccomend to friends and family! ;)

Chris

Yes, my Pandora looks and plays really fantastic, nothing important to camplain about, just many great thinks put together in one device, its very impresive and comfortable to play, and with a great batery life.

I am actually a rookie with emulators (only some experience years ago with gp32) and my computer knowledge is tatally basic, but thank god I always find people in the forums that can help me out, I also read a lot of posts where I can learn how to make things work.

The first day I got the pandora I wasnt able to get any emulator working :lol: , the neo geo needed special roms (mine didnt work) and the super nintendo neede the roms to be uncompressed (didnt know that), but step by step I am getting thinks working. :)

Last thing I got working is to watch videos wich is amazing because of the great screen and even more importante the powerfull sound, it may not seem important but when you travel in the car or bus there is a lot of noise and for example in my Psp I can bearly hear the sound.

Next thing I need to get working is to be able to listen to MP3, still dont know what I have to do.

Thanks everyone for your coments. :)

Next thing I need to get working is to be able to listen to MP3, still dont know what I have to do.
Though someone else may know, does MP3 playback require the community codec pack to be installed in addition to whatever music player NeoG likes?

I'm verry glad to see Super Mario 64.

It was the first game I played on my Pandora.

You had a good start with your Pandora :D

Mario 64 plays at full speed, and N64 games in Pandora look amazing, almost HD :eek: , Its also nice to have the Mario 64 game runing in NTSC speed, I am used to the pal version and the boost in speed is great. :)

Yes install the codec pack also if you want to see and ear many music/video files.

Though someone else may know, does MP3 playback require the community codec pack to be installed in addition to whatever music player NeoG likes?
Yes, that's correct.

The Community Codec Pack is located here. If it's already been installed for watching videos, then all that's required is to grab an audio player from the repo. :)

Also: Welcome, NeoG! It's good to see that you're enjoying your Pandora. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha, yes, welcome NeoG. If you're looking for game recommendations, play Cave Story. Cave Story, Cave Story, Cave Story!

Cave Story.

Also, NeoG gets +1 point for being especially polite and courteous.

Ha, yes, welcome NeoG. If you're looking for game recommendations, play Cave Story. Cave Story, Cave Story, Cave Story!

Cave Story.
And anything Mega Man.
grin.gif

Also, NeoG gets +1 point for being especially polite and courteous.
More than +1! Thanks NeoG - it's very greatly appreciated. :)

Glad to have you in the club. It's always so nice to see a Pandora get a new home. I have had mine for a little bit and although i certainly don't know everything, you can feel free to PM with questions if you want, but the members are really cool here so you would probably get a faster and more accurate response from the forums :p

Welcome again and congratulations you have just found something to do for the next year at least!!

Thanks again for all your comments and suport, its really apreciated :) , if it wherent for people in the forums that help me out, my Pandora would be as useless as a brick. :lol: :lol:

Ive been reading the Pandora forums for a few years now, and its been great to be a part of this adventure, its been a looong wait, but its been fun to see how everything progresses, and the final product is fantastic, :)

Plus its been fun to read diferent posts in the forums, I specially remember one called, "I think ive gone mad" where one of the forum members made a cardboard Pandora while waiting for the real thing, :lol: :lol: :lol: , my stomach was about to burst. :lol: :lol:

I will try Cave Story, its a game Ive never heard about, but I see that I need to install ginge to make it work, I was also planing to install it because the PC Engine emulator on Pandora doesnt work very good, but Ocean (forum memeber) told me that the emulator works good with ginge.

I already installed the Comunity Codec Pack and works great with videos, but I downloaded jmp3 player and it goes back to Pandora menu when I try to open it.

Welcome again and congratulations you have just found something to do for the next year at least!!

You are right, the problem is that I dont have enough time for Pandora, if I could, the time spend with this marvel machine would be andless. :lol:

Greetings.

Thanks DaMummy for the links :) , just downloaded them, but when I go to the Cave Story page to download the game, I am not sure which version I have to download, ¿windows? ¿gp2x?

Thanks MrRob for the DadBeef music player, I can finally listen to my favorite mp3 music on Pandora :) , and boy does it sound good, totally impressed with the sound and the volume that Pandora pumps.

But now I have a problem, I dont get any video in any of my two video players, until know I was using Gnome player, and have now installed SMPlayer because Ive read that it reads a lot of formats, but when I open SMPlayer I get this mesage and I only get sound, no video:

MPlayer has finished unexpectedly Exit code: 1

Thanks again for everything folks. :)

Back