I Finally Ordered One

well, early adopters did have sort of discount, mostly due to exchange rate issues.

i would recommend OP give extended warranty to those, instead of discounts.
@fuji99

how did you get to know that his email said 2batcher??

@vorporeal

XD, im also mad at him for being so annoying but no need to heat up like that:
duty_calls.png

It doesn't matter whether you're in batch one or two at this point. I think Craig said that he intends to continue production right into batch two after batch one is finished shipping. The only difference is whether you're at the end of 3000-4000 or at the beginning of 4000-5000.

Whoever posts with anger really needs to calm down I would just like some sort of confirmation from the Open Pandora team that they have my money and will process it accordingly or something.

DroneB Dev said:
well, early adopters did have sort of discount, mostly due to exchange rate issues.

i would recommend OP give extended warranty to those, instead of discounts.
@fuji99

how did you get to know that his email said 2batcher??

@Vorporeal

XD, im also mad at him for being so annoying but no need to heat up like that:
duty_calls.png

He said he ordered on July 4, 2010, so I made an assumption based on that. Also, I'm sure if you search these forums you can find several posts by him asking about when preorders open up again, price increases for second batch, etc etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really don't see how I'm being annoying I love the Pandora but if you all paid 400 bucks for one with no comfirmation email than I think this is a perfectly responsible response :blink:

Not to encourage anyone to bombard the team with e-mails, but may I ask if you've sent them an e-mail, since you're concerned about it? That's more likely to get your question answered than a post here, in fairness. :p

Prometheus said:
Not to encourage anyone to bombard the team with e-mails, but may I ask if you've sent them an e-mail, since you're concerned about it? That's more likely to get your question answered than a post here, in fairness. :p
I have not :p gonna try that.

trix said:
To the OP: If you land within the first batch and get yourself a sticker, cool, congrats. But frankly, you don't deserve it! The first batch prestige exists from those of us who put our money on loan before anything was shipping, put our faith (and cash) in the Team's hands and said "make something awesome!".
Tyler did order from the first batch some time ago. His parents wouldn't let him make the payment until they saw some actual reviews for it, however. His heart is in the project as much as it can be, he's just too young to put much more into it. I don't think he should be lambasted for that.

WizardStan said:
trix said:
To the OP: If you land within the first batch and get yourself a sticker, cool, congrats. But frankly, you don't deserve it! The first batch prestige exists from those of us who put our money on loan before anything was shipping, put our faith (and cash) in the Team's hands and said "make something awesome!".
Tyler did order from the first batch some time ago. His parents wouldn't let him make the payment until they saw some actual reviews for it, however. His heart is in the project as much as it can be, he's just too young to put much more into it. I don't think he should be lambasted for that.
Actually I'm 21 :blink: it is more socially acceptible to live with ur folks for longer in America :p . I have ordered from Batch 2.
As for money not being in my control , it is I just don't have a credit/ debit card.

TylerAW said:
WizardStan said:
trix said:
Actually I'm 21 :blink: it is more socially acceptible to live with ur folks for longer in America :p . I have ordered from Batch 2.
As for money not being in my control , it is I just don't have a credit/ debit card.

http://www.creditunion.coop/cu_locator/quickfind.php

So this is the thread where we find out they are allowing second-batch pre-orders? (I havent' been following much...it's a little odd there hasn't been nearly as much quality 'regular user' activity compared to the previous 6 months.) Shouldn't Craig make an appearance while somebody informs the tubes?

^ I think this silently opening to second batch orders is because they don't want a rush clogging up the wires. The official site mentions it too now
http://www.openpandora.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=97&Itemid=34&lang=en

TylerAW said:
I really don't see how I'm being annoying I love the Pandora but if you all paid 400 bucks for one with no comfirmation email than I think this is a perfectly responsible response :blink:

I ordered a Pandora too on the 5th July and haven't had a confirmation email either but I thought the Google checkout order receipt was confirmation that they have received your payment.

fuji99 said:
He said he ordered on July 4, 2010, so I made an assumption based on that. Also, I'm sure if you search these forums you can find several posts by him asking about when preorders open up again, price increases for second batch, etc etc.

i made the assumption that he used the old Google checkout payment for a first batcher,
that IIRC never expired or got closed by OPT, and thats why i was mad. more of because
he would have get a first batcher paying so late in time while people was cramming for the last
first batch slots and even maybe being closer in the list than someone that might have paid before.

so sorry if i made a bad assumption, been all grumpy these last days, had problems with mothers
health and also sold my preorder and some of my dear possessions in order to pay for my next
semester fees. i'll be off these boards and maybe back lurking after some time to cool off.

TylerAW said:
WizardStan said:
trix said:
When most of us ordered, there was no possibility of using a credit card - we used bank transfers, checks, or (as I did) money orders. You can get a money order at any bank, and other places like post offices may have them too. Just mail it to the address on the site.

DroneB Dev said:
fuji99 said:

i made the assumption that he used the old Google checkout payment for a first batcher,
that IIRC never expired or got closed by OPT, and thats why i was mad. more of because
he would have get a first batcher paying so late in time while people was cramming for the last
first batch slots and even maybe being closer in the list than someone that might have paid before.

so sorry if i made a bad assumption, been all grumpy these last days, had problems with mothers
health and also sold my preorder and some of my dear possessions in order to pay for my next
semester fees. i'll be off these boards and maybe back lurking after some time to cool off.

No harm done, I hope your mother is ok.

Back