I Just Creamed In My Jeans. (demo Video Of The P)

I told you guys we needed a tate mode! NOW how are we going to play Donpachi and Esprade.

just kidding. Great video. Can't wait to order one.

mmmmm nice.

Is that the actual TFT to be used or just a test one - seems small compared to the board ??

eh, forgive me but im pretty sure we've a very similar video a few months ago...?

its just a demo of donpachi running on a screen attached to the board. also, why is it running the wrong way round? presumeably it'd be rather hard to play it like that. id like to see what it looks like the correct way round.

something new, would be nice.

framerates look nice though :0

I think his screen was portrait, the pandora final screen will be (EDIT) landscape. I can also be rotated if needed, anyway.

Wow... Did not see this video till now, man I can't wait for the handheld :)

Look forward to using the PSX,SNES,MAME Emulators on this little beast ;)

gibberish said:
eh, forgive me but im pretty sure we've a very similar video a few months ago...?

its just a demo of donpachi running on a screen attached to the board. also, why is it running the wrong way round? presumeably it'd be rather hard to play it like that. id like to see what it looks like the correct way round.

What do you mean by, 'why is it running the wrong way round?'

It is running in 'tate' mode, which is the correct aspect for this and most other 90's/2000's traditional shooters.

Hopefully you were being sarcastic.

Last edited by a moderator:
x68000 said:
gibberish said:

What do you mean by, 'why is it running the wrong way round?'

It is running in 'tate' mode, which is the correct aspect for this and most other 90's/2000's traditional shooters.

Hopefully you were being sarcastic.

no i wasnt being sarcastic.
when i played it on my television (4:3) the borders were cut off and replaced with other game info and it was displayed the correct way round. this prevented me from having to turn my television on one end to play the game. im assuming this will be possible with the pandora too, so you can play with the pandora in its 'normal' position?

either way, its nice to see it running so fast at 500mhz with an unoptimized emulator. but itd be nicer to see it running at the correct speed with an optimized emulator and underclocked even further.

But when you were playing it on your television, was it the original arcade version, or was it a port to some other system (e.g. psx, PS2) where they would expect more horizontal resolution than vertical?

If the former, then I imagine it would be possible (though I don't know); if the latter, then unless we get an emultaor for the respective hardware, you're probably out of luck. With a slight exception of if it turns out that the psx/ps2/whatever port is actually an optimized arcade emulator for whichever system, and that it would be possible to rip a rom that could be used on e.g. finalburnalpha. I'd say that's very unlikely, but it's been known to happen.

Also, regarding having a similar video before. There has been a DoDonPachi video before from Squidge's board. Squidge's board at the time was not actual Pandora hardware, though, as such, if I understand correctly - it was a Ti devboard for the OMAP chip; it used a different display (640x480), and it may have had other minor differences. This is the fist time we have had a DDP video on an actual Pandora, though, I think.

While the video is not extremely impressive because we've seen that the omap could do this 4 months ago im still glad that it's an update.

Hopefully we get a lot of videos for the rest of the month :/

What's new here is this is the first time we have zoomed out and shown the demo running on the Pandora hardware, it's the first of many you will see over the coming weeks.

craigix said:
What's new here is this is the first time we have zoomed out and shown the demo running on the Pandora hardware, it's the first of many you will see over the coming weeks.
allow me to be the first to say "yes"

This is cool.

What's maddening is that I'm going on holiday in 2 weeks - I was hoping to get one to take with me... Gran Turismo on the beach!!

- sound like a cocktail!

- get that pre-order site up I tells ya

Rick

it's naked! someone put some clothes on it!!

892133504_912ff512a4.jpg

Ah we don't test them in the cases, thought you guys would be more interested in seeing some things running since it has been requested so much.

Anything you want to see on the real hardware (within reason!)?

Back