I Just Got My Gp2x!!!

Woo, i`ve finaly taken the plaunge :) and orderd a gp2x and payback from gp2x.co.uk just hoping i get it by wenedsday. i`ve also orderd 8 2600MaH batteries from 7day shop + charger and a 2gb and a 1gb card aswell as a card reader. woo. i dont think i`ll have the stuff from 7dayshop by wenedsday though so ill just have to play payback till the other stuff comes.

Guess I should of done this for my first post, but better late than never. I was looking at the GP2X for awhile and my other half got me one for Xmas :) and to be honest it only appealed to me as a mobile amiga :) but i've notice that there is still some issues regarding the Amiga emulator! but thats is'nt a bad thing as it let me try out the other emulators and I've been very impressed with all the emulators! But I find myself wasting more hours away on DrMDx, MAMEGP2x , GNGeo2x and Squidge SNES aswell as playing payback on my Amiga PPC and my GP2X, so by the time I die im not only going to have a misspent youth, i'm also going to have a misspent adult hood :) But I have afew questions about firmwares etc but I'll spam the correct forums with those question.

Is anybody else having trouble with Play-Asia delaying the Value Pack? I ordered on the 26th of December, the date was sometime before the end on the year. Then it was 1st of Jan, now its the 5th of Jan. Its now the 7th and its still not posted. Anybody else in this situation?

Is anybody else having trouble with Play-Asia delaying the Value Pack? I ordered on the 26th of December, the date was sometime before the end on the year. Then it was 1st of Jan, now its the 5th of Jan. Its now the 7th and its still not posted. Anybody else in this situation?

I am having the same problem and I ordered mine on the 23 of December, i contacted them and they gave me this generic answer:

"thank you for contacting Play-Asia.com.

Firstly once again we are sorry for delay shipping to you this time as delay delivery from suppliers to us for the item GP2X Value Pack.

In fact, the number of order of the item is out of our expectation before. We can just only try our best to serve our customer as many as possible. Parcels would be shipped out prior to the customers whose payment are confirmed earlier.

Truly, there are some other customers of us like you who are still waiting for our re-stock. We are very sorry to them and you this time.

I kindly ask if you would wait for little more in this circumstance

In case of any further question please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Best regards,

Joe
Play-Asia.com"

Hopefully though they will ship it out this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was kinda hoping it would ship out when it said so I could have it before getting back to school. Im dying to get my hands on it.

I was kinda hoping it would ship out when it said so I could have it before getting back to school. Im dying to get my hands on it.

My account still has not been updated, it still says preparing order and a shipping date of January 1 2007. I also can't wait to get it since I decided to buy it instead of new games for psp and ds. lol :)

My account still has not been updated, it still says preparing order and a shipping date of January 1 2007. I also can't wait to get it since I decided to buy it instead of new games for psp and ds. lol :)

Its been like that for me too. I emailed them on Friday to confirm my order would ship on the 1st.

GunPei2X, I formatted them under windows, I have formatted them properly & also using command prompt.
under command prompt I formatted them as FAT & FAT32 & the problem still happens.

Any other Ideas

Well,

I've had my GP2X for a week now and I LOVE the thing. If you are into emulation like I am there is nothing better that I've tried. I was running an overclocked PDA but the battery life is terrible, the buttons are poorly placed, and only a few select emus worked. I've played:

NES- works just fine, no probs at all

Lynx- works well, some games don't load, maybe bad roms, overall very solid

SMS/SGG- perfect, no probs

Genesis- AWESOME! (using Picodrive), my genny emu for my PDA wouldn't load half the games, this one is superb, the cream of the crop!

AtariST- hit and miss, when a game loads it plays well, some games will not load but will on Steem (an atarist emu for PC), but having something very similar to a handheld Amiga is pretty awesome!

SNES- not bad, many titles work well, I do crank up the GP2X to 266mhz, some titles have sound that is a bit "off", some titles don't load (seems like any really big rom more than 4 megs will not load), but I was kind of anticipating a poor emu and it's quite good actually, remember to overclock

Intelly- poor, this one surprised me, most roms will not load, if they do then some do not have any sound, then ALL my sound is cut out of the GP2X and I have to reboot the system, only seems that there is one emu for this console

NeoGeo Pocket- great emu, hard to figure out how to get it to work, documentation is pretty non-existent, thank you GunPei!

I haven't tried NeoGeo or MAME yet. Seems a bit tougher than some of the other emus to get started. I will though. And I havent even started GB/GBC. That will be shortly.

Overall, I'm VERY impressed with this little handheld!

WOOO HOOO!!! i got my gp2x yesterday for my birthday!!! i love it!! so far i have been playing vektar(bug: doesnt always load on first try, but always loads on 2nd try :) and the payback demo... havnt tried watchin a video yet but hav look at pictures and listened to music... i got mine from gp2xstore in the value pack with 5 free games, carry pouch, wrist strap, 4 2500 mah nimh rechargeble batteries and preinstalled firmware 3.0.0, it took 11 days to deliver from the US to england (arrived right on my birthday(brilliant luck;)) but the overseas tax was £18!!! anyway it was worth it....

pros:
almost everything about it is great...
great graphics, doesnt need a 3d accelerator
easy to control
good batteries that come with it
good free games
speakers are great when playin games
mine overclocks to about 285 Mhz

cons:
i swear that once the joypad stopped working but its probly my imagination coz it been fine since
battery cover a bit hard to take off and on
speakers a bit dodgy wen playing music

a couple of cons but they arent that bad but overall its great and i highly reccomend it to anyone wanting to buy it

I finally got mine this morning. Reading and doing stuff now and played a few games on it, some things piss me off but looks like it'll turn out really good. :)

Got mine today aswell, lovely device works wonderfull and I am allready enyoing playing the classics on the nes emulator. Still getting used to the controls though. 10/10 on the device though can't get enough of it.

Got mine on Saturday and I am lovin it. One set of batteries lasts me all through school and te rest of the day. Having all those roms in my pocket rocks.

Back