I Just Got My Gp2x!!!

got mine yesterday. the white is pretty girlish. other than that it's a nice piece of kit. the controls (d pad) seem ok. the stylus works but i haven't tried Atari ST emulation (yet). i look forward to messing around some more with it. :)

the 4GB SD card sounds like good news to me btw!

monty said:
To turn the unit on, the switch needs to be pushed up
Mine's the other way around... Down to turn on, up to turn off. Mines an F200(B) too.

I did expect to get some batteries and a screen protector inside the package

I was expecting crap batteries, but no screen protector. Didn't get either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Echomote said:
monty said:
To turn the unit on, the switch needs to be pushed up
Mine's the other way around... Down to turn on, up to turn off. Mines an F200(B) too.

I did expect to get some batteries and a screen protector inside the package

I was expecting crap batteries, but no screen protector. Didn't get either.

Hi all I got mine yesterday and was a little disappointed with a couple of things the rubber connector covers don't fit very well, you cannot fit the unit into the cradle without having to cut off the rubber cover off and I purchased the power supply only to find that it can be plugged into the console but the power connector on the cradle is a different size. Also the basic software that is loaded is a little lacking, no method of adjusting the LCD contrast and brightness and no file manager of any sort and no way to find out memory left on the SD card.
Maybe I am just expecting to much.

Last system I had was ye olde GP32, tempted to get the new model for (writing) homebrew. Seems like a mixed bag of results at the moment, lots of minor niggles etc. Would you guys who have one say that it's still worth the price even taking the niggles into account?

definately! It's probably the best piece of hardware I have ever bought! The gp2x goes with me wherever I go. I love this thing and have been a proud owner since the release! There might be a few problems but unless you are not very picky, they are not noticable. The initial flaws have been resolved mostly anyway.

I just got my GP2X F-200 from Play-Asia today!!!

Thumbs up for P-A.com for delivering the package somehow reinforced and for taking only 2 weeks from Hong Kong to Romania. :p

As for the F-200... well I was pretty scared at first glance as the pacman clone that I first played kept on blocking. :( Everything else works very smooth, SD slot is OK, power button OK, emulators are OK. The console looks very good and I'm glad that they used shinny plastic so that it won't get dirty.

Being my first gph console I'm not that picky and I can give it a 9 out of 10. I know it has minor glitches, but hey it's a great project.

D.C. said:
Yeah, everybody who gets his gp2x should post here if he wants, instead of creating the same topic. This topic should be pinnen though.
Hi All,
Im new to this forum and to the gp2x gaming experience, but I can now pronounce that ive just bought the gp2x f100 with firmware 2.0.0 and it arrived this morning, what I would like someone to help me with is:.

No 1. Do I need to upgrade my firmware, and if so what firmware do I need? where do I get it from? and how do I install it?

No 2. what emulator do I need to play double dragon, shinobi? to start with.

No 3. where do I download the the games? and is there any bios files I need and if so where do I get them from for games to work?

i havnt got my gp2x f200 yet.
ordered on the 16 nov and paid for sd card and next day delivery
dont know whats going on,ordered from gp2x.co.uk

Willow08 said:
Hi All,
Im new to this forum and to the gp2x gaming experience, but I can now pronounce that ive just bought the gp2x f100 with firmware 2.0.0 and it arrived this morning, what I would like someone to help me with is:.

No 1. Do I need to upgrade my firmware, and if so what firmware do I need? where do I get it from? and how do I install it?

No 2. what emulator do I need to play double dragon, shinobi? to start with.

No 3. where do I download the the games? and is there any bios files I need and if so where do I get them from for games to work?
Please don`t ask question number 3, It is against forum rules to ask for copyrighted material, games, files, roms etc. Thanks. :)

Trooper

Received my F-200 from Play-Asia today. I was pleasantly surprised to see how well some of the SNES titles I was curious worked. Luckily I purchased 12 2500 mah AA's. I can't believe how quick the power drain is. I'm not even overclocking. Overall, I am pretty pleased with my purchase so far.

I received my f200 yesterday and was pleased to have received one of the $3 USB SD readers included. I was going to order one but now I don't have to (but I probably will anyway as they copy files super fast.) My only complaint is a common one the f 200 is effin LOUD!!!!!! Mame emulator is sweet... except for the before mentioned LOUDNESS on some games.

I'll have to search around a bit and see if there is a fix for the sound. until then Silly Putty is working wonders.

But I really liking the f200. I find also that the included stylus is not incredibly accurate but maybe I just need to get used to it.

Got mine for Christmas yesterday, it's a lovely thing but the power button is broken on mine :(
Gonna get it returned in the post tomorrow.

Ha. So, I woke up today as soon as I heard the back of the post guy's truck close, got up, told my buddy its here and ran down the stairs and GOT IT! WOOO!!!

Got mine (F200) christmas eve, jippey. It was easy to figure it out, but there were no instructions telling you how to use emulators and stuff, but I guess it's made for us geeks who shouldn't really need such instructions. I think it's sad that it has such a geeky image, because it could be a really great machine for anyone -> greater sales = lower prices for all of us...

Got evereything I wanted to work, except the amiga emulators that I'm still having trouble with (but I think that's not related to the gp2x, but rather me doing something wrong (or the emulator readme etc being pretty lacking in details)...

Hi all any idea on the shipping times from gp2x.co.uk ? i ordered online only a few days ago but was wondering how long i ll be waiting .thanks for any hlp.butch

Got my F-200 on the 27th, this is the first chance I've had to come here as I've been so busy with it! Definately very impressed with it, everything seems to work, haven't quite got to grip with uae4all yet but getting there, fantastic machine. Right I'm off to play on my handheld Speccy! Have a goodun!

How do's, all,

My long-awaited F200 turned up for Christmas ... and has gone straight back to the distributor 'cos the touch-screen wasn't working ... grrr. At least I enjoyed it for the few days I had it; the general build, all the games and the emulators and interpreters were every bit as good as I'd hoped. And Blocked seems to have become my new Minesweeper. Many thanks to all you out there coding these things. Now I just need to wait for the repaired unit to come back.

Back