I Keep Loosing My Titlebars!

Pleng

I must be pressing some kind of key combination that I shouldn't be... but I keep loosing my titlebars on XFCE and the only way I know how to get them back is to reset my Pandora.

Is there a simpler way?!

laurens said:
I have the same thing - I think it happens when I doubleclick the titlebars. I don't know another solution than you :(

check the settings in xfce.
There are keyboard shortcuts you can configure, find out which one does "toggle fullscreen" (settings-windowmanager-keyboard)
Standard key for this on desktop is ALT-F11

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm but the windows aren't being displayed fullscreen, they just loose their title bars.

Pleng said:
hmm but the windows aren't being displayed fullscreen, they just loose their title bars.
that sounds like an xfwm (window manager) problem.
I suggest to choose a different theme in the settings, might be that.

Last edited by a moderator:
paulguy said:
When they do disappear, you can get them back by going to run and executing xfwm. But yeah sounds like a theme issue.

Yeah, to bring them back, open a terminal and type:
xfwm&

Not sure what causes this, this is a case for a bugreport :)

Last edited:
thanks for the tip that does seem to help. sometimes it happens when im shift-dragging but sometimes im not mousing it up at all and it seems to be a key combination or two... it does happen quite a lot tho

Pleng said:
thanks for the tip that does seem to help. sometimes it happens when im shift-dragging but sometimes im not mousing it up at all and it seems to be a key combination or two... it does happen quite a lot tho

Hmm, needs some debugging then.
The next OS release is also going to switch to xorg 1.8, might also be fixed with that :)

Last edited:
Run `xfwm` from terminal without trailing & and don't close the terminal. Watch out for any messages that will appear in the terminal. If there are any - they might be useful. Paste them here. When it segfaults, see if there is any message, then run it again in the same terminal.

Given my experience with sawfish wm, I doubt that xorg upgrade will fix that. It's possible that xfwm has some ARM related bug. I recommend running sawfish instead of xfwm. At least I will be using it, and I'll iron out any ARM bugs in sawfish.

Back