I Love You Reesy

Wonder Boy posted on Dec 15 2004 at 09:00 AM said:
I hope that in a future it obtains something more of FPS with the sound activated... in any case, DrMD ALREADY is ¡fAnTasTIc! :-D

:)

At 208 mhz it runs at a constant 60fps on every game I've tried.... And I think the FS is 0 because I don't notice any skipping or jumping... :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Woah thats a superb Xmas present Reesy thanx a lot :D :D :D
(and even more if possible)
Im tryin it as soon as I found my batteries :ph34r:

REALLY good release :)
Looking fantastic :) Very compatible, fast... wow :)

However, some things I encountered:

- Only the first 128 Roms are shown on the file selector.
If you have more on your SMC, you can't play them.

- WonderboyIV shows "This game is only developed to run on an European or French PAL or American NTSC system" (or something like that) - regardless of the Region settings. Haven't had this with any other rom yet (but haven't tried that many, either)

- I'm not sure - I think I haven't seen a "Reset ROM" option. Nothing serious, but if you change e.g. the Region setting, you have to reload the rom (which takes some time). Resetting would be faster :)

... and that's it :)
I love it :)

w000t I just got home and put the new DrMD on my SMC as well...

Just

Freakin

Amazing!!!

A nice UI and some options make ALL the difference!

Well... I think DrMD has just made up my mind... I NEED to voltmod my GP so I can OC like a mofo and get this badboy running perfect on as many games as possible!!

Reesy!!! You have made my Xmas dude!

Woot! Excellent update Reesy. Really nice work on the menu system, so purty. ;) I'm also very happy now it shows longer file names. I won't keep selecting the wrong version of Sonic now.

I haven't tested many games yet though so I'll have to try a few out in a bit.

Great work, thank you!

Radio posted on Dec 15 2004 at 05:09 PM said:
I'm also very happy now it shows longer file names.  I won't keep selecting the wrong version of Sonic now. 

ROFL I feel that!!

This is actually better than having a Nomad in most ways. The screen is far better... larger, clearer, with none of that irritating bluriness you'd get when things were moving fast (sonic!). I'll trade a tad bit of frame skip for that blurriness any day o'the month! Also, though battery life is similiar to what the nomad got, you only have to run 2 instead of six :p And no cartridge stickin out the top to accidentally tap and make your game lock up! For that matter... no big bag of 128 carts to haul around!!!

This emu really has just made the GP32 worth it, in my eyes. I was a bit bummed when I found out mine was one of the ones with the taiwan screen, but really, that seems to barely matter at all now.

bast525 posted on Dec 15 2004 at 04:12 PM said:
w000t I just got home and put the new DrMD on my SMC as well...

Just

Freakin

Amazing!!!

A nice UI and some options make ALL the difference!

Well... I think DrMD has just made up my mind... I NEED to voltmod my GP so I can OC like a mofo and get this badboy running perfect on as many games as possible!!

Reesy!!! You have made my Xmas dude!

Actually I found that a setting of 144 Mhz is a great setting that gets decent battery life and is still very playable. At 133 it is too choppy but just 11 MHz more and it is great. I use 144 even though mine will go to 166, for alot of games.

ralp99 posted on Dec 15 2004 at 03:56 AM said:
actually. it sucks. very much.

Why?

BECAUSE I HAVE OTHER SHIT TO DO AND NOW I JUST WANNA PLAY )(*#()!@*# SEGA GENESIS ALL NIGHT DAMMIT!!!

damn, same for me. I have a history test tommorow, and I have no fukcing clue about history. This really sucks. What should I do? Play DrMD and screw up with 5 points (of 15) or learn and screw up with 7?

Reesy, I'm damn impressed :) You've done a terrific job.

However, I have got one ROM that doesn't work properly (corrupted graphics). It works fine on another emulator, so I thought you may be interested.

Since it's a PD rom, anyone whose interested can get it from here:
http://www.pdroms.de/file_details.php?fn=549

If this is a fault on my side, then I humbly apologise (I've not use DrMD for long).

Squidge posted on Dec 15 2004 at 09:12 PM said:
Reesy, I'm damn impressed :) You've done a terrific job.

However, I have got one ROM that doesn't work properly (corrupted graphics). It works fine on another emulator, so I thought you may be interested.

Since it's a PD rom, anyone whose interested can get it from here:
http://www.pdroms.de/file_details.php?fn=549

If this is a fault on my side, then I humbly apologise (I've not use DrMD for long).

Thanks Squidge, I'll add this to my list.

Well I've tried many games at 144Mhz with sound and many of my favourites work perfectly:

Flashback
Castlevania bloodlines
Flicky
Outrun
Story of Thor
Wiz'n'Liz

And that makes me very happy :)

The ONLY thing that I would use fGEN for over DrMD is the brightness/gamma function, on my FLU it's still very dark on the brightest setting - does anyone else find this?

If there's any chance of including 150Mhz in the next version, I would be very grateful

wonderful stuff

Its teh ubar o_o

They're a lot of sound issues (well, 3).

1.) Some of the sound is not emulated yet, it's some chip or something that generates custom made sounds, like the "go" sound made in the launch base song in sonic 3. A lot of the sound (so does the Z80 too), generates these sounds. I hope you're working on it.

2.) The music is great, but it's way too slow on a 144 speeded mode, it there anyway to speed up the sound to normal without it being so slow?

3.) Some games (Micky's castle of illusion for example), for the sound, it's fully generated, but it's too fast. I got it to slow down to normal with the last version of this emulator, this is a known cause (for me anyway) for most games in my possesion.

But other than these, (sorry for bragging, it must take like 6 weeks to make the sound run properly), this emulator current beats the cwap out of FGEN.

Thanks for the christmas present (wish you were here to read this, :()

PS, please correct me, I don't know the name of the chip that allows to play the custom sounds in some of the games. :X

It's the DAC chip. That stands for Digital to Analog Converter.

Basically, it's just for raw sound (like .wavs). The GP32 does that, (it even has one) so it'll probably be a cinch to emulate.

But...it'll be a pain to optimize. It probably would use much more cpu power and
memory, but it's still doable.

The problem is getting DAC emulation
running fast enough as all of this raw sound data has to run through
the ram and cpu and it has to get mixed with the other sounds.

Yeah it is the DAC that is missing. I think it was said that the emu would slow down too much if it were included. It would eat up too much CPU. Since it is rarely used, I really don't mind it not being there. I would rather have full speed no DAC than slow with DAC.

I can play Duke 3d on my gp32 now!!! For those of you that don't know some company ported Duke 3d to the Genesis. It runs ok too. :p I have to say I love this emu and can't wait for future updates. Thanks Reesy!!!! B) My gp32_console loves you!! :wub:

'Bloody hell' was all I could say after booting up Sonic on DrMD for the first time! Excellent work Reesy.

It even runs fine at 166Mhz despite my GP32 only capable of 156Mhz (GPCinema being the only other piece of software to do this)!

Wow, this is an amazing piece of software. It will replace fGen32 for me now, as it has better compatibility and is almost as fast as fGen (DrMD is still a bit slower IMO). However, I just tried changing the LCD type. I was testing it just for fun, but I noticed that, if i switch to Taiwanese LCD, i get some weird Vertical lines all over the screen. That looks pretty crap on my Non-Lit (guess SAMSUNG) LCD, so I guess "new" software won´t work on old GP´s flawlesly and vice versa :( . Stupid Gamepark :angry:

Back