I`m Starting My New Project.

Quiest

I like turtles!
I thought about making an open project where everyone who wants to take part, can send in a little minigime (or more :D).

My idea was the following: I`m making a nice menu, where you can choose between the minigames and you see the top score displayed below the picture about it and who made it, etc.

It should be minigames about highscore hunt. Only some little games you play for some minutes and start them up another time to crack your highscore. Not too complicated games.

I`m going to release a demo with one (ore maybe two) minigame(s) and a hopefully complete working menu this weekend or monday/tuesday next week.

I`m also planning in making a website with online rankings, where you can submit your highscore for every minigame (by sending the highscore file to me).

And if someone likes to do a nice starting screen or background for the menu (320x240 :D), you`re welcome :D:D:D:D:D

So, all you Fenix coders in here, think about it! :D :D
If anyone is interested, tell me, I`m going to explain the details to you by then.
And tell me, what you think about the idea. :)

Sounds like a great idea, can't wait. It's a shame that none of the current emulators can save high scores. Look forward to the release.

:)

greyghost posted on Apr 14 2005 at 05:37 PM said:
you are doing the same thing as a boot loader's fxe launcher.

No, I`m not. <_<
I want to do something like a collection of several minigames in one fxe.
If anyone codes a minigame for this project, I`ll need the sourcecode to implement it into my project.
I already have it in my head. I think it should work.
Maybe just some renaming of variables/processes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm asuming you want them to be coded in fenix then right?

also, I can make a few nice intro screens and menu backgrounds.

whats the name of this project going to be?

Jep, in Fenix.

And I would like to get some screens and backs.
I didn`t come up with a good name.
My current title is "The Minigame Project".
Yeah well, I know, not much imaginative... :D

If anyone comes up with a better name, you`re welcome.
Just do what you like, tekt5. :D

How about Crocodingus Party?

All the games could feature Crocodingus in some fashion. Think Mario Party (obviously)...

Of course, we'd need permission from JyCet, but I think that could make this project a whole lot cooler if there was something all the games had in common (ie. inclusion of crocodingus).

EDIT: Tanda Party would work, too.

shinneri posted on Apr 15 2005 at 03:30 AM said:
How about Crocodingus Party?

All the games could feature Crocodingus in some fashion. Think Mario Party (obviously)...

Of course, we'd need permission from JyCet, but I think that could make this project a whole lot cooler if there was something all the games had in common (ie. inclusion of crocodingus).

EDIT: Tanda Party would work, too.

No.
I don`t like to have one theme/mascot.
It should be a big mixtur of games.
Besides that, no.

markusdragon posted on Apr 15 2005 at 04:47 AM said:
Not the Amiga Emulator 2005

Lol, that one is funny.
The others are not bad, but not what I`m looking for... Thanks anyways. :D

I think I stay with "The Minigame Project" :D

Back to my idea: No one, who wants to make a minigame?
Since devlkore is coding his space shooter without shooting but slashing :D (Swipe) it would take some time for him to do a minigame, I believe.

What about you, EvilDragon? Answer if you read this :D Or Mark, or Moogle, or anyone else? :)

Screenshots from the minigames for the back is no good, since my menu will already feature a screenshot of every minigame.

Maybe wait till I do the first release, you know what I mean.

I thought about backgrounds a bit, and maybe something psychedelic with a distorted gp32 or sth like that.

Thanks.

I really like the second one, if nothing better comes around, I`ll use it as a splash screen.

Thanks, DemonStar55!

Back