The Minigame Project V0.6b

Quiest

I like turtles!
Hi!

You can download the newest version (v0.6b) here:

http://quiest.gp32x.de/games.html

It features a completely new, more comfortable menu, as well as two new minigames:

+Squares32
+Monsterland

Also, some minor updates are done:

+Saving massages are now displayed, if your highscore is saved
+there is now a stats screen at the menu, which shows an overall highscore board
+You can press L&R now in midgame in Bloody Bumblebee & Mini Slug to go back to the title screen
+Mini Slug has now background music
+New splash screen instead of the Fenix loading text, made by DemonStar55 (thanks!)
+New icon for the fxe (very minor update :D)

Well, that`s it.
Don`t forget to leave feedback (and highscores, if you want :D)!

Thanks!

Great news also everyone note that new topics must be approved my moderators in the news section, don't post twice just wait.

I like the new games, much better then the older ones. I personally really like squares32, my highscore was 7205 on first go and then whilst feeling good about that, i played the mario one and got 117000 with a combo of 45.

My Current "Marios Combo Bounce"-highscore:

Highscore: 138500
Best Combo: 44
Longest Time Survived: 77

Will copy the new version to my smc now. ;)

Love the new games (especially Squares32 :wub: ). That game is so addictive. Here's my top scores so far (don't laugh now :D ).

Sonic the Hurdler: 4000
Marios Combo Bounce: 29300
Bloody Bumblebee: 10500
Mini Slug: 3800
Squares32: 2180
Monsterland: 1000

I've also a few suggestions too. After each game, it would be nice to be able to select START straight away (instead of selecting SELECT, then START) so you can jump straight back into the action. Also, the option of being able to save your initials would be cool.

:)

Forgot to mention, sometimes it is difficult to view the high scores depending on the last games played. After playing Bloody Bumblebee, the high score table displayed black text on a black background.

:)

Oah you mean the stats screen, right? I forgot to load a palette for the menu (the menu is running on 16bit mode, so there is no need to do that).
I`m gonna fix this and upload the .dcb

And thanks for the "back to the action" button idea, I`m gonna make this for the next release.

I`m also planning on adding a profile system where you can enter your name, so you can have your own score, and you see the score of the current loading profile and the who has the highscore.

After playing a bit i must say, for me Squares32 is the best game on it so far. Addictive than the others by miles. Anyways, i thought of some thing which you might decide to add or maybe not. The first thing which came to my mind was maybe setting up a Easy/Normal/Hard system for each of the games and scores for each difficulty. Could be useful espacially for people like me just not doing well in certain games (damn you sonic!) Also, you could make like mini menus for some games like in mini slug you could change the background the backgrounds music. Those are the 2 thing i just thought of right now, many more thing could come...

It might be an idea to make a mini game 'quest system' similar to (dare I say it) Made in Warioware or Point Blank ? Might be an idea for when there's more games...

Depending on how quick I can convert to Fenix coding (which from the docs I've read so far could be quite quick) I would like to make a game for the project :)

Just tried it. Aweosme. Plain fun. Beer.......... no, wait. No beer :p

now here's the feedback:

absolutely love the new game selection. A lot better than the old one. The 2 new games are quite good, but I personaly don't like the squares one too much, but that's nothing to do with your project actualy. I just would like to see some minor modification to Mini-slug and the bumble bee thing: Both games have a limited time-frame (1 minute i think), which would set a limit to the points obtainable (especialy mini-slug, as there is nothing that tries to prevent you from shootng stuf, while on the bumble bee game (bloody bumble bee bitch as i like to call it :) ) you also have to dodge the falling bombs). Anyways I just had an idea on how to make these games better: On both games there should be items appearing on the screen which extend your time. These should only stay on the screen for about 1 second to not make it too easy to hit them. On the bloody bumble bee bitch (b4, get it? "before" :p ) the item should stay about 2 seconds as on b4 it would be harder to hit.

Saving massages are now

hmm.. I didn't even know my GP32 was capable of that, much less do it while saving! :lol:

anyway thanks I'll check it out

:blink: capable of displaying saving messages, so you know your gp32 didn`t crash? I don`t get your point :D

@Norbi:
Thanks, it`s my favorite game, too. :D (my highscore so far is 19464 :))
And no, background changes & different music for each menu selection would cause up to much space/consume too much memory, or would need much to long to load between the selections. Bad Idea, sorry, and difficulty setting are just to hard to make ofter the games are "done", btw, I would have to code a new menu system again to display all the highscores. Definatly too much work, sorry again. But I am still tweaking these games if I get certain ideas to make the gameplay more addictive and/or easier to play for everyone (like making the randomness in Sonic less unfair) and adding various bonus objects (I`m planning on bonus birds for Sonic to cellect (Invulnerability, Bonus Points, such things...) but ballancing a game is hard, it mustn`t be to easy :)

@DemonStar55:
I`m already planning on doing this (didn`t start yet), so it will be in one of the next version. But if anyone wants to do it, I have nothing against it :D

@Mr Munk:
Good idea, but I`m not doing this before there are atleast 30 minigames (am I dreaming here? Well, I won`t stop until is full B) )
Would be cool if you try to make a minigame. But remember to contact me before you start, there are some things to say, first.

@Horscht:
Very good idea! I`m gonna do this! Bonus upgrades & stuff! Not only for these two, but for Sonic & Monsterland, too! Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you use a different fxe? The old one maybe with the old logo?
It depends on that file, If you copied just the mp folder, you won`t see it.

no, copied everything over from that zip archive i got from your site.

And don't forget my criticism in the last post of the first page of this thread :p

Back