The Minigame Project V1.0d

Quiest

I like turtles!
Hi!
Here is version 1.0d of The Minigame Project!
Four new minigames added since last release!
And a completely new profile system, with highscore savings for every name entry!
profile.jpg

Look at the readme for instructions to every minigame and how to handle the profiles.

Special thanks go to Mr_Munk, the first one who created a minigame for my project!
Thank you very much!

These are the new minigames:
+Target Slide (Darts/Curling mixture)
game07.jpg

+Tunnel (Arcade vecotr game)
game08.jpg

+Extender (Every Extend remake)
game09.jpg

+Edge Fighter (abstract shooter)
game10.jpg

If you have any suggestion and/or comments, or if you find any bugs,
please post here to let me know!

Have fun!

Updates for existant minigames

Sonic The Hurdler:
+Added bonus object:
Dr. Eggman is now randomly flying across the screen, if you are able to hit him, you get 500 bonus points

Marios Combo Bounce:
+Fixed bugs
I possibly fixed the clipping through Goombas bug, but I`mnot really sure on this XD
+Added Bonus Object:
Golden Goombas randomly race in and out, hit them while available, they give 100x as many points as normal Goombas

Bloody Bumble Bee:
+Gameplay change:
There are now three instead of two flowers on screen at once.

Mini Slug:
+Added Bonus Object:
You are now able to jump to collect ranomly flying in bonus object that highers your time by 10 seconds.

Monsterland:
+Gameplay change:
Different point system, allowing higher scores
+Added Bonus Objects:
Monsters randomly leave one of two bonus objects:
-Healthpack: Highers your health by 25
-Treasure chest: Gives 5000 extra points

Because of the new profile system and different highscore saving system, I had to leave a stats screen out for now, it will be in for the next release.
And I will think about a frogger minigame!

Oh yeah, I forgot to say, your old highscore won`t work anymore. Sorry! :(

And, post your new scores here :D I`ll start:

Sonic The Hurdler: 3881
Marios Combo Bounce: 652200
Bloody Bumble Bee: 255600
Squares32: 18601
Target Slide: 11700
Tunnel: 393310
Extender: 3369000
Edge Fighter: 11500

Didn`t try hard enough for Mini Slug and Monsterland yet...

extender looks good, i LOVE every extend, thank you (=

btw, there is one minigame coming from me, too....stay tuned :D

Love the whole project Quiest, a couple niggles though that would make the current set of games as perfect as can be ;)

Mini Slug is now too easy. Admittedly the old scoring system meant that it was almost impossible to get over 6000 as you can only shoot about one target a second and the introduction of extra time bonuses is a good idea. However, they are too plentiful, and too generous. I literally played for a good 20 minutes earlier (then my batteries ran out..) and my time seemed to continually extend as opposed to decrease!

Perhaps set them to appear less with a value of 5 seconds each?
Or even add a mechanic where every missed shot deducts an extra second, thus forcing the player to be more accurate?
There's even the possiblity that the time available to collect could start low and become higher as the players timer decreased, meaning that a skillful jumper could claw thier way back from certain doom ;)

Maybe a combination of all 3 to produce an even more rounded package?

Apart from that, I can't give this enough praise. Nice to see Munkey's contribution, the minigame fits the set perfectly and is extremely addictive. Additions in Sonic and Mario make the games themselves more difficult and thus more addictive, and Bloody Bumblebee has moved from my least favourite game, to my favourite, as the extra flower just makes it seem so much more rewarding ;)

The new games are all excellent, Extend is interesting, never played the original so was pleasantly suprised at the concept. Target Slide and Edge Fighter were also very fun, even if Edge Fighter confused the hell out of me at first! One other question, my health didn't appear to go down when hit by bullets? A bug, or did I miss something?

The new frontend is very nice too, now me and my girlfriend will know who set which score!

Keep it up, it's the best homebrew I've ever played for my little geepeeeeee. I'd code a game if I could, but sadly I don't have the elite coding skillz ;)

Thanks, dowboy! You are very right!

I just didn`t test it enough as I was too lazy :D
I will lower the (random) appearance frequency and add the time loose if bullets not hit!
Gonna do this in the next two days as it`s not much to do and can be made as "patch" :)

Oh and I forgot to mention it in the readme :eek: The shield% displayed is for a reflector shield. If you get hit, you only loose time (5 secs). You can activate the shield by pressing SELECT. every reflected bullet gives extra points and the bullet gets reflected back to the shooter.

That sounds excellent ;)
Can't wait for the final revisions!

Got any other ideas for future games by the way?

i was also gonna say the problem with the minislug time, at 23k points and a time of over 400s remaining i got really bored with it ^^

the mario combobounce has become a lot easier to gain high scores with, my record atm is 1.199.200 :)
i'v also once had 2 golden mushrooms at once on screen ^^
btw, an other extra i'd like to see implemented in combobounce is hitting multiple mushrooms at once, getting their combined value times the amount you hit with 1 jump (i know, you just double/triple their individual scores if you hit 2/3 at once). this combined with golden mushrooms (imagine hitting a golden one together with 2 others when doing a good combo) can really make it a lot of fun ^^

the new games are okay :)

apart from mini slug, this is even better than before! but one thing still bothers me, the randomness of sonic the hurdler, its different every time, making comparing high scores kind of stupid, as sometimes ill have had the easiest run ever, and then my next one will be a complete bitch.

evaunit01 posted on Aug 16 2005 at 11:24 PM said:
apart from mini slug, this is even better than before! but one thing still bothers me, the randomness of sonic the hurdler, its different every time, making comparing high scores kind of stupid, as sometimes ill have had the easiest run ever, and then my next one will be a complete bitch.
yeah, i agree, some major change has to happen, often it needs impossible jumps to continue... it's just a matter of pure luck :s

Last edited by a moderator:
I`m trying to update everything I can, and for Sonic, I have to completely recode the game system to make it work better.

Wait for next release, I`ll try to see what I can do for that :)

evaunit01 posted on Aug 18 2005 at 12:58 AM said:
dude, you're a champ!!
btw, what are your highscores atm?
mine:
mario: 1.3mil and a bit
extender: 2.950.000 and a bit :) nearly 3 million :)
tunnel: 256k and a bit ^^
target slide: about 13k i think
squares: 19k and a bit
bloody bumble bee: 7850 i think

and i'll put here too that the brightness of some things isn't so good on nlu (as i said in the thread on general :) )
keep up the good work :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back