The Minigame Project V1.1e

Alpha2 posted on Aug 31 2005 at 09:41 PM said:
okay see THAT sounds broken to me. :p
yeah, it's broken, but haven't got any spare parts, and i'm kind of getting used to it so ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
some scores

sonic: 3691
mario: 44700
bumblebee: 141300
slug: 7500
squares: 5799
monsterland: 66XXXX (got wiped by the l+r thing)
Slider: 4950
Tunnel: 259710
Extender: 424000
edge fighter: 6600
Shmupper: 3900

All my scores got wiped several days ago, I was playing Shining Force 1 on DrMD and the batteries died, so I hit (dunno why) L&R quickly (maybe I wanted to make a savestate?) but the screen faded to white, so I switched the gp32 off and put fresh batteries in.

And what do I have to see? SMC completely wiped! Fuck!
Ah well, I`m playing Shining Force 2 now, it`s much better than part 1...

new highscore for mario combobounce: 800k+ :) (112 combo i think)
also, there's a little bug in there, when hitting the golden mushrooms it still shows 100x the score instead of the 10x you get now :)

My combo record is 117 atm, but I didn`t hit any golden goombas, so my score is only about 600k-700k :(

Yep, noticed that bug, too, forgot to change that when I was altering the value of the golden goombas.

Quiest posted on Sep 3 2005 at 01:41 AM said:
My combo record is 117 atm, but I didn`t hit any golden goombas, so my score is only about 600k-700k :(

Yep, noticed that bug, too, forgot to change that when I was altering the value of the golden goombas.
i didn't get many golden ones either, but i did a 60+ combo too that game :)

Quiest posted on Aug 30 2005 at 10:28 PM said:
And I really don`t know why that strange sliding is happening in Target Slide... it must be a bug with the advance() command, I have to see, if I can do something about that.
i've been playing around with fenix now, and i see the problem with advance :)

it's very simple, it only has a set amount of angles , and it rounds them in a strange way: 90000 for example is 90 degrees (straight up), 90001 will round up to the first angle past 90000, while 89999 will not go to the closest angle below 90000.
the best solution is probably to deduct half the angle stepping from the angle, then 90001 will be the same as 90000 and 89999 (being a 90 degree angle) as it should be i think :)
everything will be symmetrical again :)

and with some experimenting (or looking into the sourcecode ^^) you'll be able to find the angle stepping :) (is smallest difference in angles)

*edited* little correction ^^, i thought resolution changed the possible angles, doesn't seem like it ^^

*again edited: the resolution appears to change the angles at low speed :) so the slower you go the less angles available :), which might explain the extra drift to left/right when in your sliding game te object is going very slow :)

Yeah, that`s what I though, since the angle does not change when it`s shot.

I already fixed it, had to replace advance(move); with
x+=getdistx(dir,move);
y+=getdisty(dir,move);

Well, I think this fixed it, because I didn`t encountered this bug since then :D

Back