I messed up Mousepad.

Kelvin

Pixel Mercenary
Website
www.kelvinshadewing.net
OK, so I was browsing the repo, and I found an app that upgrades Mousepad. Not knowing what version I had, I downloaded it, and when I ran it, it said something went wrong, so I panicked and told it to revert. Now I'm stuck with the old MP, and no matter how many times I try, I can't get the upgrade to work. How do I get the newer MP back?

I am sans Pandora at the moment at work, but try this when connected to the internet... hopefully your Pandora is using something later than SZ: 1.52

Code:
opkg update
opkg remove mousepad
opkg install mousepad

#if it won't let you remove the old version, maybe run:
opkg update mousepad

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sans Pandora at the moment at work, but try this when connected to the internet... hopefully your Pandora is using something later than SZ: 1.52

opkg update
opkg remove mousepad
opkg install mousepad

opkg update mousepad

I tried it. It said permission denied.

Yeah you need super-user permissions.. like milkshake said add sudo to every command.. it will prompt for a password, it's just your normal login password you setup. I forget some people are still new to linux..

Code:
sudo opkg update
sudo opkg remove mousepad
sudo opkg install mousepad

sudo opkg update mousepad

Every time the terminal asks for a password, I can't type anything. If I hit enter, it will either go on like I put in the correct password or wait a few seconds and ask me again. During these few seconds, I am able to type, and if I get my password in and hit enter fast enough, it goes on like normal, otherwise, it asks for the password and I'm stuck again like before.

Passwords are not displayed nor does it show any indicator that you typed in anything like an *. if it keeps asking for it, it's not put in correctly. check if you have caps on or something.

Reflashing means installing the newest firmware (OS image) from scratch.. I would show you instructions on how to do it, but it seems it was purged from the wiki.

OK, so I was browsing the repo, and I found an app that upgrades Mousepad. Not knowing what version I had, I downloaded it, and when I ran it, it said something went wrong, so I panicked and told it to revert. Now I'm stuck with the old MP, and no matter how many times I try, I can't get the upgrade to work. How do I get the newer MP back?
Ooops. That PND is one of mine. It contains the same version of mousepad as what is now in the OS. If you open mousepad, and do Help -> About, and it show the version as 0.3.0, then you've already got the latest version. If not, and it says 0.2, then you're better off installing the official version. As mentioned above, one way to do this is to open a terminal and type:

Code:
sudo opkg update
suoo opkg install mousepad
I'm off to go and disable that PND.

Use the command:

sudo opkg install mousepad --force-reinstall --force-downgrade --force-overwrite

That should work..
...when not use the same Command but add
--force-depends (beware that the command --force-depends load all depencies and reinstall them again,that can cause in not enough place in the Nand,its a Risk with this --force-depends,but it install maybe defective depencies new)

Please all when Wlan is activated and you have Internet connectivity.

Back