I need help...

Kan du svenska?

Still Fresh
I am new to this, so please bare with me...

I love to play games and i own: Xbox, Ps2, Gc, Pc.

I want to buy GBAsp or a GP32.

What to buy?

Im not in to retro games and emu's, just games.

I find the Gp32 very interesting.(movies, mp3 a.s.o)

Does Gp32 have a big game libery?

Are all Gp games in english?

If you want something to play commercial games, you might as well get a GBAsp, because there are not many commercial games for GP32.
GP32 is mainly used for emulation and playing retro games, and as you said, you're not intrested in those.

By game library do you include emulators because the the library of roms that work for it is growing very fast.

And for the official game development it has started to pick up slightly as the first games came out when noone had a clue what gp32 was, so now developers are seeing a few good games for gp32 they want to get in the bandwagon (i hope), and as it can take years to make games you have to count from the first good games that appeared on gp32 + on year.

Also the some of the killer games are only in korean which is a shame (especially for an rpg).

On e time we had heard about konami (i think) having talks with gamepark about a licence, and im sure that wasnt a year ago so we could get something from them sometime this year or the next (or never :) )

I would like to say buy a gp32 --

but it sounds like your not interested in emulators --

The GP32 in theory has the largest game library in the history of handhelds as it can play so many games through emulators BUT the actual official games are well - mainly poor in my experience -

Pinball dreams is an absolutely gem - Superb Pinball Game

-But I'm sure there is a good pinball game on the gba.

Little Wizard - A mediocre fighting game which I had hoped to be smoother and had combos??(isn't this the standard these days)

--The gba has street fighter etc

Funny Soccer - Was much like those standard 'fun' soccer games

-- ISS on the gba

--thing is - there isn't going to be major releases in terms of big blockbluster games -- Sure the games mentioned

BUT a huge important point - the gba games are basically snes clones - and if the snes emus become more functional then --- a gp32 without a doubt --

Longetivity with the gp32 - short term for the GBA - in my opinion

yeah man. GP32 only if you care about older-technology games.

I know GBA is basically snes-level but for the "modern gamer" it's decidedly the way to go. GBA's got tons of great games too, lots of "miniaturized" versions of current popular console games either coming out now or soon (crazy taxi, tony hawk, GTA, etc etc etc) -

plus if you've got a little retro itch there's a wonderful scene for it with a GBA flash card. Not as wide-open as GP32 but a considerably competent second placer. (8bit Nintendo, Spectrum, and developing Colecovision - Sega Master System 8bit.. maybe Atari 2600 and C64, etc) Go for that, you won't be disappointed!

Back