Gp32divx.com - Need Something Similar ;e

menion

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Since almost Everyone use their Gp32 to watch movies I think it would be a great Idea to share the ripped movies and tv-series and stuff You got to all the gp32 users.

Well ok, its illegal to "download" movies from the internet but, seriously speaking, the peoples that don't want download em can just try to avoid it ;E Don't know anyone that don't use/downloads illegal copys of programs/movies/music and stuff. Might not be a good argument but that's just the faq! I bet all of you that use the gp32 as a mp3 player dont only got mp3's ripped from your CD-collection :E

- Gp32divx.com is down
- Would be nice with something similar
- if it's right or wrong can be spoken about in hours but this is just a idea :)

A Dc Hub might be a good idea?
If the gp32 users got a place were they can share their Gp32 stuff I think the community will grow even larger :)

Note: Im against warez and stuff but since almost every new games and movies is overpriced ( I think so ), I just buy the games and movies that I really Like! :) So don't be mad ;>

Edit: Sorry for my crappy english ;D

Of course everyone uses ROMs of games we dont have and MP3s of CDs we don't have and software we didnt buy. I would say most people are not against that.

The point is, that if gp32x.de links to any of that material they could potentially get in trouble and have to close the website down or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure if you know about it, but there are legal movie/clip downloads here, but they are mostly for moviepark. Abbibi (owner of the doomportables site) started having me and another member here take over the site, and it'll be much better. For now, I gotta put virtual dub on my windows 98 box, since my comp (windows 2000) doesn't like it.. :angry:

I don't think that's a good idea. If I want something I buy it. If I want it on GP32 I buy it and convert it.

If you don't want to pay for it, you'll find another way (like peer-to-peer) to get what you want, and then convert it for the GP32. The GP32 scene is the "cleanest" I've seen so far. Let's keep it that way.

Just my 2 cents.

Greetings,
SvOlli

jcbnetwork: I understand, but you could always link to the site/hub via IRC or something!?

spongebue:
Nice site! Good luck :D

Note everyone: I don't want some place where you can download the gp32 commercial games or stuff (warez). I just think that sharing ripped movies who works at the gp32 wont harm the film-industry and It would be very nice for all the gp32 users. If you want to see a movie you might watch it at the cinema or buy the DVD instead watching em all at your gp32 the first time ;E Hope you understand what i mean..

And It would be nice to download all the new/old emulators/homebrew games and stuff from other gp32 users! I often have problem finding all the emulators / apps I want running at my gp32 on the gp32 fan/news sites.

menion posted on Aug 10 2004 at 05:37 PM said:
jcbnetwork: I understand, but you could always link to the site/hub via IRC or something!?

spongebue:
Nice site! Good luck :D

Note everyone: I don't want some place where you can download the gp32 commercial games or stuff (warez). I just think that sharing ripped movies who works at the gp32 wont harm the film-industry and It would be very nice for all the gp32 users. If you want to see a movie you might watch it at the cinema or buy the DVD instead watching em all at your gp32 the first time ;E Hope you understand what i mean..

And It would be nice to download all the new/old emulators/homebrew games and stuff from other gp32 users! I often have problem finding all the emulators / apps I want running at my gp32 on the gp32 fan/news sites.
I get what you're saying here.
Doe the law stand that if you have the movie irl tis ok as it is with emulators?
I assume so.

You can link to illegal stuff wherever you want - but if you do it here, you can be sure the links will be removed, the topics will be closed and if you repeatedly do it, you will be banned.

We don't tolerate warez here, so please no discussion about "... but we all use it!" okay?

I know it wouldn't probably hurt the industry, because the quality of the movies really isn't suitable for a good watching.
But they're still illegal so we won't tolerate them.

TBH, I have a lot of old C64 roms. Anything before 32 bit is fine in my eyes.
Although I try to get old games at eBay first before I use warez - but if I can't find it, I dl it. It's not illegal, but okay with me.

But I have NO illegal movies (but over 200 original DVDs), thousands of MP3s (ripped from my original albums) and about 200 Original PSX/PS2/GC/DC games.

What I wanna play, I buy.

Kolkman posted on Aug 10 2004 at 07:39 PM said:
Your from Germany right ? Is it true you can make 6 copy's of a CD/DVD and give them to friends/family legal ?
Yes its quite true. Although I believe if you download anything from P2P it is illegal, regardless if you own the origional or not.

im not too into films to be honest but i like a lot of comedy and buy the dvd's when theyre released, but i have trouble ripping and encoding so i would totally appreciate somewhere that i could get encoded avi files i could put straight onto my smc without hassle. i only want things on my gp32 that i like, and if i liked it i bought it. on the other hand if i downloaded something out of curiosity and i liked it i would want it on dvd to watch it on my tv, in that case i would buy it so i think if a system like this isnt abused it could work well

EvilDragon posted on Aug 10 2004 at 06:49 PM said:
You can link to illegal stuff wherever you want - but if you do it here, you can be sure the links will be removed, the topics will be closed and if you repeatedly do it, you will be banned.

We don't tolerate warez here, so please no discussion about "... but we all use it!" okay?

I know it wouldn't probably hurt the industry, because the quality of the movies really isn't suitable for a good watching.
But they're still illegal so we won't tolerate them.

TBH, I have a lot of old C64 roms. Anything before 32 bit is fine in my eyes.
Although I try to get old games at eBay first before I use warez - but if I can't find it, I dl it. It's not illegal, but okay with me.

But I have NO illegal movies (but over 200 original DVDs), thousands of MP3s (ripped from my original albums) and about 200 Original PSX/PS2/GC/DC games.

What I wanna play, I buy.
I'm not going to link to illegal stuff on this board, hell no!

The only thing I want is to open the eyes of the gp32 users that I think (note: I think) it would be nice with a place were you can share the movies. Sharing ripped movies and LEGAL emulators/homebrew games is the only thing I'm intressted in.

Ok. Shall not talk about warez anymore. Don't have a real argument using warez and I think it's mostly WRONG. But I'm still using some warez and beacuse it's very expensive to buy all the software to the computer as an example.
Don't get me wrong, the games and stuff I really want I BUY! :) Edit: (- not always cause I'm just a poor student, but I really try to buy all the game-related stuff I just gotta have ^^ )

Do you think ripped movies and series which has been shown on the TV is "warez"?
All the movies isnt illegal!? How to know? The once seen @ Tv I think can be classefied as "legal" movies! (and those are my favourites;)

Anyway, I still think we should share files, Does Not Have To be Illegal Stuff :)

CUPC4KES posted on Aug 10 2004 at 07:48 PM said:
im not too into films to be honest but i like a lot of comedy and buy the dvd's when theyre released, but i have trouble ripping and encoding so i would totally appreciate somewhere that i could get encoded avi files i could put straight onto my smc without hassle. i only want things on my gp32 that i like, and if i liked it i bought it. on the other hand if i downloaded something out of curiosity and i liked it i would want it on dvd to watch it on my tv, in that case i would buy it so i think if a system like this isnt abused it could work well
Ah! Well spoken, could'nt say it any better! :D

Just love comedy and series and I'm Not into full lenght movies on the Gp32, but many of you may like to watch a full lenght movie on your gp32 ? :D Tried once at the buss but my hands were hurting holding the gp32 up and I had to take several pauses during the movie :)

Don't get me wrong, the games and stuff I really want I BUY! :) Edit: (- not always cause I'm just a poor student, but I really try to buy all the game-related stuff I just gotta have ^^ )

Don't worry, I had tons of warez before I earned money and swore I'd buy everything I really want as soon as I earn money :)
And I did that ;)

Do you think ripped movies and series which has been shown on the TV is "warez"?
All the movies isnt illegal!? How to know? The once seen @ Tv I think can be classefied as "legal" movies! (and those are my favourites;)

Pretty hard to say... the rips are illegal.
If you want to share them, you HAVE to share the recorded
movie from the TV, including the station logo (has to be Free TV. no Pay TV).
But I THINK nobody moans if you ONLY use movies already seen on TV... only movies older than a few years, 'cause the internet is worldwide and a lot of movies already released in US TV may not have been shown in German TV...
Pretty hard to say...

finty101 posted on Aug 10 2004 at 10:46 PM said:
Wouldnt every movie be illegal? Dont TV stations have to pay to air them?
To be exact:
Yes, it would.
It's allowed to record the movies and give private copies away.
It's NOT private if you make them downloadable.

BUT... and this is the BIG but...
NOBODY will seize you if you have a movie RECORDED from TV.
After all, they paid to broadcast it at their station, so anyone could've recorded it.

Theoretically, it would be illegal.
But nobody usually cares - as long as it aren't the recent top-movies.
And when it comes to the quality and size of a GP32 divx, I'm SURE
nobody will care if you release TV-recorded stuff.

But you NEED to keep the station logo in - and shouldn't use a DVD rip.

Last edited:
CUPC4KES posted on Aug 10 2004 at 10:59 PM said:
if i paid for the original dvd then surely i have limited rights to be able to download it? <_<
I guess this depends on the country you're in - in Germany it's not allowed.

Last edited:
I too have a 250+ DVD Collection, but I prefer downloaded stuff over my own rips, simply because usually the quality of the rip is way better.
The other thing is that I shared over a gig unlicensed Anime for probably a half year (took it down now since it was licensed) and had only 3 completed uploads, whereas illegal full movie releases where downloaded and shared from everyone.

To sum it up, we need a Central Station to download TV Series with network logos, unlicensed anime with fansubs and maybe converted flashmovies and the like.

Back