I Saved A Psp Buyer Today

thelamer

ARRR I'm A Pirate
Website
www.skankpost.com
Ok so I was at bestbuy today buying THIS .

And I spotted some kid buying a PSP and all I could think to myself was "what a mistake" . As he was looking for games right by the DS section I was in , he spotted me trying to put my GP2X into different DS cases . He took one look at it and said "what is that thing ? " .

I didn't say anything but "what is your favorite arcade game ? " which he responded with a "What?"

After explaining what it was to him he finally said Donkey Kong . And it could have not been more perfect . I booted up Mame and started up donkey kong , then hit the old R and L to get that bad boy into vertical screen mode . I showed him how to insert coins and the control basics . i then had to pry it out of his hands after like 5 minutes of his obsessive play ( this kid was good at donkey kong) .

He immediatly put the massive PSP security lockbox down on the floor and said "I want one " . I told him where to buy ( http://www.gp32z.com/ ) , how much and where to get apps (you guys ) ,he looked so excited .

I can only assume he ran home and ordered it .

Back to the Case I was buying

This thing is great , it is almost like it was made for the GP2X . The little places to put games fit an sd card perfectly and the back compartment fits all your battery needs .

After you cut the badge off , you can barely tell that it was not made for it . And here is the best part it is only $9.99 !

Hahaha nice work on the proselytizing.

Thanks on sourcing the case too, I was googling around for one.

you should have got his number and checked later on if he got it, and you coulda had a friend who had a gp2x...2 gp2x's in one place must be rare

I'm using a DS case I got for like 6 dollars at a GameStop, it fits the gp2x perfect and I got one that's not branded, it just has GameStop's logo on it. It's laid out similarly, one side has two elastic bands for the gp2x and the other side has two mesh compartments that I'm using for SD cards, batteries and headphones.

You shoudl be careful though.. there is nothign wrong with a PSP; if the kid thinks he'll get SOCOM or GTA for the GP2X, you did him a disservice; if he just wants MAME, well, good job :)

(Course, there is MAME for PSP, but it doesn't havbe Franxis behind it.)

jeff

You shoudl be careful though.. there is nothign wrong with a PSP; if the kid thinks he'll get SOCOM or GTA for the GP2X, you did him a disservice; if he just wants MAME, well, good job :)

(Course, there is MAME for PSP, but it doesn't havbe Franxis behind it.)

jeff

you can get GTA on the GNUBoy :)

Last edited by a moderator:
you should have got his number and checked later on if he got it, and you coulda had a friend who had a gp2x...2 gp2x's in one place must be rare

Well my friend bought one so me and him are probably the only ones in this city with ones and know what they are (excluding the fact that I had to tell people what it was). I'ms till trying to get my other friend to get one but she's to content with her PSP she got for christmas. <_<

I got my case from gp2x its an official gp2x case. Its a nice case but not a patch of the gp32 case I got from gbax when I first got my gp32.

I had to actually talk someone OUT of buying a GP2X.

A co-worker saw me playing DrMDx and wanted to know if I would help him set up everything if he got one.

I had to turn him away, since he's completely PC illiterate and it took ~10 minutes for me to explain to him what an emulator is :lol:

Y'know, I thought I'd be sick of the "what kind of PSP is THAT?" questions ... but it's actually quite fun trying to explain emulation, open source and homebrew to the utterly clueless ... usually resulting in them pegging me for some sort of Über-Nerd and leaving me alone so I can (try to) finally complete Kid Chameleon :lol:

Back