Gp2x=hot Shit Right Now

Paradox posted on Feb 2 2006 at 07:49 PM said:
i dont understandwhy people say "is that a PSP?" obviously if they need to ask, it isnt, i mean, it looks nothing like a fucking PSP, you'd probably get the same crap if you had a game gear, neo geo, lynxx or anything thats black...

No no no, it's "What KIND of PSP is thaaat?!?" :lol:

It's almost like all those clueless parents that call any console game a "Nintendo Tape" :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Before the PSP came out, people were asking me if my GP32 was a PSP. Now people ask if my GP2X is a PSP. When I say no, they either say "Then what is it?" or "Is it a Nintendo DS then?"

I may have missed the "nostalgia era" as I started gaming on a C64 at the age of 2 (I was born in 1989), but I still remember those old games like Impossible Mission from my childhood, so I still consider it nostalgia.

i dunno why you guys are sayin all the younger kids say it is a psp knockoff, im only 14. i think alot of people here are around that age actually. i think its more the kids are jealous of the 2x's 1337ness :p and the kids who dont even bother trying older games because they are, well "older"

jmetal88 posted on Feb 3 2006 at 01:26 AM said:
Before the PSP came out, people were asking me if my GP32 was a PSP.  Now people ask if my GP2X is a PSP.  When I say no, they either say "Then what is it?"  or  "Is it a Nintendo DS then?"

Yeah the corporate marketriods have taken hold of our youth and brainwashed their minds. They have turned them all into mindless drones by flashing THEIR BRAIN'S FW with loads of hypnotic adds and subliminal messages. We are doomed to a world of Sony and Nintendo domination for eternity. It is time, time to REBEL against the corporate machine...

Or not..

My GP32 has been mistaken for a GB Advance a couple times..... otherwise nothing much.... the 2X, no one's really asked me about it much... Have yet to take it anywhere, besides the doctor's office and my parents' place.

TelcoLou posted on Feb 2 2006 at 08:12 PM said:
DaveC posted on Feb 2 2006 at 07:07 PM said:
jmetal88 posted on Feb 2 2006 at 10:28 PM said:
EDIT: Oh yeah, and none of them seem to care about emulation at all.

Well don't forget kids that see it don't care about it because they were probably a fetus when those games were popular. To them emulated games are just crappy old lame stuff from days gone by. It makes sense, if you weren't playing atari games in the day and look at those crap graphics now you wouldn't care about it. It has no nostalgia, and no meaning to them.

Sooooo true ... My PSP is used mainly for movies now ... I get a lot of strange looks when I try to explain how I'm playing computer games from 1980 on 'that wierd-looking PSP clone'. Damn kids and their jaded viewpoint ;)

actually...pretty funny...i have very young cousins (below age 10) but i set up an NES emulator on their computer so that they could play mario...

"hey! i have that on my gameboy! can you get kirby?"

thanks to the magic of porting, my little cousins are playing mostly the same games I played as a kid :) ... they also have the atari anthology for ps2...damn those brats.

note to all:

!!!!!! You guys are so fking lucky they atleast know what a psp is...
the people at my school dont even fucking know what a psp is, or what linux is omfg omfg.

it makes me sad :(

TelcoLou posted on Feb 3 2006 at 01:03 AM said:
beanfarmer posted on Feb 2 2006 at 07:01 PM said:
hehe your so funny not

I'm going to play the assumption game, and say he used crack as a metahpor for the GP2X ;)

No, just a bad joke, sorry Beanfarmer, I'll try harder to be more pc. next time :eek:

TelcoLou posted on Feb 3 2006 at 12:12 AM said:
DaveC posted on Feb 2 2006 at 07:07 PM said:
jmetal88 posted on Feb 2 2006 at 10:28 PM said:
EDIT: Oh yeah, and none of them seem to care about emulation at all.

Well don't forget kids that see it don't care about it because they were probably a fetus when those games were popular. To them emulated games are just crappy old lame stuff from days gone by. It makes sense, if you weren't playing atari games in the day and look at those crap graphics now you wouldn't care about it. It has no nostalgia, and no meaning to them.

Sooooo true ... My PSP is used mainly for movies now ... I get a lot of strange looks when I try to explain how I'm playing computer games from 1980 on 'that wierd-looking PSP clone'. Damn kids and their jaded viewpoint ;)
Bah, I'm 13 and the PCEngine has become my favourite console ever. Every game is brilliant. I'd never even heard of it before GPEngine was announced.

TelcoLou posted on Feb 3 2006 at 01:58 AM said:
No no no, it's "What KIND of PSP is thaaat?!?" :lol:

And anything that can play music these days is an iPod.

It's just the way the world is going. People are like magpies, make a device shiny and market it heavily and you're sorted - instant cultural phenomenon.

FluffyPanda posted on Feb 3 2006 at 05:30 AM said:
TelcoLou posted on Feb 3 2006 at 01:58 AM said:
No no no, it's "What KIND of PSP is thaaat?!?"  :lol:

And anything that can play music these days is an iPod.

It's just the way the world is going. People are like magpies, make a device shiny and market it heavily and you're sorted - instant cultural phenomenon.

Soooo true. Infact I shall slap the next person I see who says the word ipod. :lol:

@whiskthecat: *IPOD*

no ones really bothered me at work about how stupid my gp2x is, they all think its its pretty nifty, one guy was even considering getting one.. this fellow sitting behind me just totally disrespected linux. he has absolutely no idea of how stupid he sounds when he bashes linux. he thinks he knows it all - because he took a basic linux+ course in school.

I'll just let him play his "wOw"

Afterall, thats all he seems to know.

whiskthecat posted on Feb 3 2006 at 02:19 PM said:
Soooo true. Infact I shall slap the next person I see who says the word ipod. :lol:
ooooohhh.... ipod.

*ducks* :lol:

no, it didnt, he just gave "his valid excuse" linux is still stupid. eh. some people are so close-minded.

wyefye posted on Feb 3 2006 at 05:13 PM said:
no, it didnt, he just gave "his valid excuse" linux is still stupid. eh. some people are so close-minded.
Kick him in the face, or any part of his anatomy to can get at, basically. I bet he uses IE, the bastard.

Back