I Saved A Psp Buyer Today

ive convinced several people i know on benheck forum (at least 3 or 4) to get gp2xs, im teh pwn! lol

ive convinced several people i know on benheck forum (at least 3 or 4) to get gp2xs, im teh pwn! lol

Yeah getting a GP2X and putting DrMD on a card is much easier than hacking up a bunch of megadrives, joypads, portable TVs, shoeboxes, battery packs and soldering it all in a big oversized lump that lasts 4 minutes on a charge :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Y'know, I thought I'd be sick of the "what kind of PSP is THAT?" questions ... but it's actually quite fun trying to explain emulation, open source and homebrew to the utterly clueless ... usually resulting in them pegging me for some sort of Über-Nerd and leaving me alone so I can (try to) finally complete Kid Chameleon :lol:

I left a lot of conversation out of this and he has a modded xbox so he was not a complete noob .

hey dave, dont diss our efforts over there! ill admit it seems sorta pointless but NOTHING beats the real thing when it comes down to it, i love my 2x but i still build portables, its fun and you can learn alot of stuff while doing it.

and about making a sega genesis portable, i could build one with a 5 inch lcd, good controlls and a nice case and have it less than 8x6x2 inches and have longer battery life than the 2x on 2200mah batteries. it would be a bit larger but nearly as cool! plus building a genesis portable woudl actually be cheaper than buying a 2x! i could build one for less than 100$

hey dave, dont diss our efforts over there! ill admit it seems sorta pointless but NOTHING beats the real thing when it comes down to it, i love my 2x but i still build portables, its fun and you can learn alot of stuff while doing it.

and about making a sega genesis portable, i could build one with a 5 inch lcd, good controlls and a nice case and have it less than 8x6x2 inches and have longer battery life than the 2x on 2200mah batteries. it would be a bit larger but nearly as cool! plus building a genesis portable woudl actually be cheaper than buying a 2x! i could build one for less than 100$

I just it was easier not that building those is not worthwhile. Carrying around a bag of carts is not as convient though. At least those things are full speed at FS0 w/sound though ;)

In my case, I was searching for a Sega Nomad when they first came out ... none of my local shops had any, and the cost was prohibitively expensive anyway (circa 1995 we were pretty poor)

Now with DrMDx, we have all our old favorites (as well as the ridiculously pricey Phantasy Star 4) on one SD card.

I did have my eye on a Genesis Flash cart once ... but still, you can't beat the GP2X in portability :)

thats true, plus the nomad and gamegear had pisspoor STN lcds! garrying around dozens or hundreds of cards is a bit inconvinient at times lol :p

Back