I The Red Baron

kin said:
it's an ancient dos simulator game...
Yes! I hadn't thought of that in years... CGA game, side-scrolling, really fun, except I could never win... a nuke would go off and kill me every time. I'm sure its requirements were such that it could run on DOSBox on the Pandora with ease... w00t! Oh weird... when I look for screenshots, I find a much later Sierra/Dynamix game. The one I used to play was much older and simpler.

Last edited by a moderator:
Poem58 said:
PoisonedV is an imaginary guy/girl from nowhere. Actually, does anyone know if PoisonedV was a guy or a girl? Seemed to me when I joined the boards it was a guy then somewhere along the line it started saying something about being a "girl gamer" under the name. I remember someone directly asking if there had been some surgery...lol

What ever happened to him/her?
GuyInRealLife.
It was some kind of weird troll joke.

(naw)mcx said:
I was talking to PoisonedV a few nights ago. He's still alive and well, and he's still a dick.
I find that comment insulting to my phallus. I always assumed that anyone who found him funny were also the people who watched America's Funniest Home Videos, and laughed at people getting a football to the groin. There is funny trolling / snark, then there is just pure lowbrow attacks in order to get attention, done by a severely pathetic person.

I can't recall how many times he called someone stupid for liking a certain program, then when challenged it turns out he had never used it (or even googled it), and was just being the spoiled petulant child he was, seeking attention. Waving his arms yelling 'look at me'. Pathetic. The fact that he thinks he is superior to others is just insanity, I classify him with linuxftw.

BackAssward said:
(naw)mcx said:
I was talking to PoisonedV a few nights ago. He's still alive and well, and he's still a dick.
I find that comment insulting to my phallus. I always assumed that anyone who found him funny were also the people who watched America's Funniest Home Videos, and laughed at people getting a football to the groin. There is funny trolling / snark, then there is just pure lowbrow attacks in order to get attention, done by a severely pathetic person.

I can't recall how many times he called someone stupid for liking a certain program, then when challenged it turns out he had never used it (or even googled it), and was just being the spoiled petulant child he was, seeking attention. Waving his arms yelling 'look at me'. Pathetic. The fact that he thinks he is superior to others is just insanity, I classify him with linuxftw.

You don't laugh at people getting hit in the groin? Deprived person.

I'd hardly say the guy's spoiled, and any way, the kind of post you just made makes him happy, so stop it ;) .

edit: And not every thing he says is just straight up trolling, he's realistic in what he says (most the time), but people just don't like to hear the 'truth'.

BackAssward said:
(naw)mcx said:

This is why he loves causing trouble.^^ Its good to have a little annoying and wholly unwarranted hostility around here. Red Baron and PoisenedV don't post very often. Its a bummer.

BackAssward said:
(naw)mcx said:

I liked his Pandora boobie mascot. That made me laugh and even feel a little funny downstairs. It was a prime example of his constantly derisive humor, but the Pandora-tan thread took it well and I got a good chuckle.

fretfrenzy182 said:
BackAssward said:
(naw)mcx said:

This is why he loves causing trouble.^^ Its good to have a little annoying and wholly unwarranted hostility around here. Red Baron and PoisenedV don't post very often. Its a bummer.

V got banned a long time ago.

Red Baron got his account deleted, some of them, any way.

(naw)mcx said:
I'd hardly say the guy's spoiled, and any way, the kind of post you just made makes him happy, so stop it ;) .

edit: And not every thing he says is just straight up trolling, he's realistic in what he says (most the time), but people just don't like to hear the 'truth'.
He admitted more than once his parents buy him w/e he wants, I'd call that spoiled with a sense entitlement. As for trolling, I'd say half of his posts were just name calling, attacks on people, and/or speaking with authority on subjects he knew nothing about. I'd call that a person who simply wants attention. I've seen him have temper tantrums when called out, then slink off when it was proven that he was just retarded.

Personally, I have no problems with the truth, no matter how ugly it is... I've just never seen him write anything remotely resembling fact. Just pulling stuff out of his ass. There was a thread about an internet music program (which name I forget) where this all came out... and it wasn't an isolated incident.

fretfrenzy182 said:
Its good to have a little annoying and wholly unwarranted hostility around here.
I couldn't disagree more, you pig faced twat waddle! :unsure:

But seriously, if it was good natured snark that was actually funny, maybe. Unwarranted hostility at the intellectual level of a 9 year old, I can't see how anyone could defend that. It's like me saying that it's a good thing that someone goes and scratches the pain on your car every once in a while, just for fun. It serves no purpose other than to annoy, and makes a small pathetic man feel like he has some power...

what the heck is this PoisonedV bashing nonsense? he was direct, often beyond good taste. but he always had a point to make - usually a valid one. i for once miss him round here.

favorite quote:
MMORPGS on the pandora: now you can waste your life on the go!

PoisonedV is someone I respect. He was a valuable member when he was active on the boards, most of the time. I wasn't around when he pushed things over the top and got banned, so I can only talk about the time when I was active.

Backassward, you don't know what you are talking about. I think you are trapped in some kind of try-to-analyze-people mania, but you are off the mark pretty regularly.

mali said:
PoisonedV is someone I respect. He was a valuable member when he was active on the boards, most of the time. I wasn't around when he pushed things over the top and got banned, so I can only talk about the time when I was active.

Backassward, you don't know what you are talking about. I think you are trapped in some kind of try-to-analyze-people mania, but you are off the mark pretty regularly.

1) This. I at times have considered taking his role of caustic, direct, but mostly objective posting (I lose my temper with some forum members quite easily), but I'd rather not take on all of the associated baggage.

2) Welcome back!

Vorporeal said:
mali said:
1) This. I at times have considered taking his role of caustic, direct, but mostly objective posting (I lose my temper with some forum members quite easily), but I'd rather not take on all of the associated baggage.

This, indeed.

And this should also be said at least once a year - I miss TelcoLou, damn it! We need less 14 year old 1337-typers with tits obsessions, and more sarcastic grownups.

cosurgi said:
It couldn't be the Red Baron, someone is trying to take over his place, fame and legend. We should warn the real one.

Huh?

(naw)mcx said:

PV is an idiot! He made me cry once or twice before.

Vorporeal said:
mali said:

2) Welcome back!

Seconded! :D

hch said:
what the heck is this PoisonedV bashing nonsense? he was direct, often beyond good taste. but he always had a point to make - usually a valid one. i for once miss him round here.
I was going to ask the same thing. Yeah, he was an asshole with absolutely no tact, but I don't recall him ever really being wrong. Like, yeah, he would have totally laced into Linuxftw, moreso than anyone else here has, but it would have all been "justified" so to speak. I won't say that I respected him, but he did have a certain refreshing charm about the way he yelled at people.

SONY said:
PV is an idiot! He made me cry once or twice before.
Don't I remember you saying your girlfriend did the same thing? ;)

WizardStan said:
hch said:
I was going to ask the same thing. Yeah, he was an asshole with absolutely no tact, but I don't recall him ever really being wrong. Like, yeah, he would have totally laced into Linuxftw, moreso than anyone else here has, but it would have all been "justified" so to speak. I won't say that I respected him, but he did have a certain refreshing charm about the way he yelled at people.
It's interesting, I wonder if everyone else would have been so aggressive to linuxftw, aesir etc. if PoisonedV had been there to inappropriately flame them from their first post? Nothing like an extremist to make you reconsider your position. :p

Back