I think my Gamepark is about to pack in

The Mole

When i first got my Gamepark all was good. After a couple of weeks i started to notice that the picture was very dark indeed, as time went on it got worse and worse. When i load up GP games the screen after you select a game the one with the spanish text on ( that should be green) is black.

Its not just GP games this has happened to.

Donkey Kong Country on the SNES level 2 is unplayable because it is so dark, i have adjusted the screen brightness in the enu and it makes no difference what so ever.

The darkness problem also is very bad on GP Final War. I do have a FLU version of the system yet putting the light on makes no difference as the darkness seams to be built in to the graphics, i know GP Games was NOT that dark when i first started to play it.

I have changed batteries removed the smart media card and tried all the simple things to no effect.

One other thing that keeps happening is when ever i try and play a SNES game on SNES9X it will not run the first time and the GP32 will just reset.

Has anybody ever had the same problem?

GP Games RU is very dark in general. Its dark on mine and the text in most parts is almost unreadable, but thats the game. I have a non-flu and other than room lighting, have never had a problem with darkness.

I think you should send it back and ask for replacement of the GP32. I had trouble with the lcd too and they sent me a new one which is ok. Considering it really gets worse and worse, if it looks dark to you from the beginning, well, the display of GP32 is pretty dark and the light proves useful only in full dark, otherwise it doesnt offer much help.

BTW. how did you manage to get Donkey Kong Contry rtunning? I have tried two or three versions and it still claims "This software will not run on a machine making illegal copies..." as if the emulator was a snes copier...

Cheers guys.

I will hold off for a bit and see if it gets any worse ( if it does i will send Craig an e-mail and see what he can reccomend)

Back