I Want To Play Chrono Trigger

i dont want to have no spaces in the directory =( is there no way to just make it use spaces in the directory name or is that just another crap thing about linux?

Paradox posted on Jul 21 2006 at 06:09 PM said:
i dont want to have no spaces in the directory =( is there no way to just make it use spaces in the directory name or is that just another crap thing about linux?

Change the space to an underscore? both in the script and on the card..

Last edited by a moderator:
Wolfsclaw posted on Jul 21 2006 at 08:58 AM said:
Do NOT use NK's Snes emu, I've played through the whole Chrono Trigger on squidgesnes without transparencies. They are really NOT used often in this game and for those places you can just turn some backgrounds off.
For that, you are getting fullspeed (almost 60fps) with FS0 @ 266Mhz and sound on and it's much more fun than on nk's emu. Seriously.

Lol, maybe that's good to you. Transparencies are actually used throughout the entire game. Every text box has a slight level of tranparency to it, and looks much, much better on NK's emulator. I personally would rather use a diminished framerate, and see all the colors/transparencies correctly than have to keep toggling backgrounds to figure out what was going on. I had too much trouble trying to keep up with that while playing Chrono Trigger on the GP32's SNES emulator.

jmetal88 posted on Jul 21 2006 at 02:03 PM said:
Do NOT use NK's Snes emu, I've played through the whole Chrono Trigger on squidgesnes without transparencies. They are really NOT used often in this game and for those places you can just turn some backgrounds off.
For that, you are getting fullspeed (almost 60fps) with FS0 @ 266Mhz and sound on and it's much more fun than on nk's emu. Seriously.

Lol, maybe that's good to you. Transparencies are actually used throughout the entire game. Every text box has a slight level of tranparency to it, and looks much, much better on NK's emulator. I personally would rather use a diminished framerate, and see all the colors/transparencies correctly than have to keep toggling backgrounds to figure out what was going on. I had too much trouble trying to keep up with that while playing Chrono Trigger on the GP32's SNES emulator.

I would also rather play Chrono Trigger with NK's emu. I still love SquidgeSnes for other games, but games where there's quite a bit of transparencies I'd rather use NK's. Framerate really isn't that big of a concern to me. Especially if it's with an RPG. Now if it was a shootemup, action or fighting game that's a bit different. You don't need to worry about the framerate affecting gameplay in an RPG.

First of all, two problems in the script.

1. If you have spaces, put a \ in front of them in the script... example:
My\ Directory\ With\ Spaces
(alternately, you can enclose the entire file/directory in " marks, eg "/path/to/My Emulator/")

2. Get rid of the ) at the end of the script... the original one had it as a closing for the english ( at the beginning, but it isn't part of it.

how did you turn off the backgrounds, and can you turn off the transparencies? i ve had a problem with them in sevral games.

Say what you say, but I had no real problems playing through the whole game with ssnes ;)
Same goes for Seiken Densetsu 3, i've been playing this since saturday and already am level 46, so I'm almost through the whole game. There was only one place (as far as i can remember) where transparencies were really needed, and that was in the moon forest, other then that, it was juust fine.
Tried this game on nk's emu and daaamnn it was like playing with frameskip 5 ;)

edit: @ManicResin: Push the volume button in the middle, hold it, and then press A, B, X or Y. (each for one background)

Wolfsclaw posted on Jul 21 2006 at 01:44 PM said:
Say what you say, but I had no real problems playing through the whole game with ssnes ;)
Same goes for Seiken Densetsu 3, i've been playing this since saturday and already am level 46, so I'm almost through the whole game. There was only one place (as far as i can remember) where transparencies were really needed, and that was in the moon forest, other then that, it was juust fine.
Tried this game on nk's emu and daaamnn it was like playing with frameskip 5 ;)

edit: @manicresin: Push the volume button in the middle, hold it, and then press A, B, X or Y. (each for one background)

It is, however, very good for me, because on the GP32 (without overclocking) most games played at those speeds without transparencies enabled. Playing them at the same speeds with transparencies enabled is mind blowing to me.

Maby i should try another rpg game :) is there any rpg that works flawless on the gp2x? and that are still good?

I still use the old script i had when i had 1.4 :

#!/bin/sh

/mnt/sd/cpu_speed.gpe 1 2 315
cd /mnt/sd/games/snes/
./squidgesnes.gpe
sync

cd /usr/gp2x/
exec /usr/gp2x/gp2xmenu

and you can can try lufia 2 i suggest the euro version the us version had a glitch in the menu when changin from mono to stereo and 100th level of the ancient cave

H4k3r4r34l posted on Jul 22 2006 at 06:23 PM said:
and you can can try lufia 2 i suggest the euro version the us version had a glitch in the menu when changin from mono to stereo and 100th level of the ancient cave
I'm not sure about that glitch in the 100th level of the Ancient Cave (Which is a side-quest/extra), but there IS a graphical glitch in the Dual Blade Shrine (Though all you have to do in that shrine is move all the way up to the sword and that's it, so it doesn't really make a difference).

H4k3r4r34l posted on Jul 23 2006 at 12:01 PM said:
never had that problem in the dual blade shrine but the ancient cave glitch was graphical there are a few other rpg's you can try like Rudra no hinou which was good look here for translation patches http://www.romhacking.net/
If you've never had that problem, I'm guessing you weren't playing the original US version (I'm assuming that the US rom was eventually patched). The garbled screen looks like this:

zsneslufiabug1.jpg

Back