I Want To Upgrade My Firmwae

Download the latest version from the archive and unzip the contents to your desktop. Copy these over to the root of your SD using a card reader. Put the SD card back in your GP2X and turn on. You should see a screen informing you that the update is in progress, if not the firmware hasn't been updated and you should try a different card.

You can also run the program from the utilities menu (which should be called something like patchYYYYMMDD), although this won't fully update the firmware.

DON'T RUN THE PATCH IF THE UPGRADE DIDN'T WORK!

Otherwise, the movieplayer doesn't run anymore!

Also, you might consider NOT putting the gp2xboot.img on your SD-Card.

This would update the Boot image, but the upgrade process is still a bit unstable, so you can brick your gp2x!

Go ahead and update and join me in brick heaven! Maybe if I get enough people to brick theres GamePark will decided to fix them......

sebastienbilodeau posted on Dec 2 2005 at 12:04 PM said:
reallynotnick posted on Dec 1 2005 at 11:09 PM said:
Go ahead and update and join me in brick heaven! Maybe if I get enough people to brick theres GamePark will decided to fix them......

Did you try the guide to unbrick almost any 'bricked' GP2X ?
Been there, done that. Unfortunately it will ONLY work if U-BOOT is intact and it will boot to the black logo screen. In my case it doesn't, so I'm screwed. I tried it and still get the white screen at startup - it doesn't even attempt to upgrade firmware since it can't boot.

I really want to get it fixed or replaced ASAP!

Last edited by a moderator:
I copied them all to my SD and nothing happened.it just loaded regular....it says in Info that my 2X is version 1.0.1, Is this the nw version? Did it work?

aQwaBlaz3 posted on Dec 2 2005 at 09:39 PM said:
How come my loading screen didnt change? Should I go ahead and run the patch?
I wouldn't. What you've described is exactly what happened to me - no upgrade screen, no new loading screen, but the .img files were deleted and version on info screen said 1.01. Ran the patch and now movie player is jiggered with no apparent way back. Wish I'd waited... :D

I've tried every which way to get the upgrade to work, formatted the card on a card reader under XP and W2K, formatted it on the GP2X (I got XP to recognise the device), tried sticking the SD card in with the GP2X on and off, tried putting just the .img files on the card, blah blah blah, all to no avail. :(

danchamp posted on Dec 2 2005 at 09:40 PM said:
How come my loading screen didnt change? Should I go ahead and run the patch?
I wouldn't. What you've described is exactly what happened to me - no upgrade screen, no new loading screen, but the .img files were deleted and version on info screen said 1.01. Ran the patch and now movie player is jiggered with no apparent way back. Wish I'd waited... :D

I've tried every which way to get the upgrade to work, formatted the card on a card reader under XP and W2K, formatted it on the GP2X (I got XP to recognise the device), tried sticking the SD card in with the GP2X on and off, tried putting just the .img files on the card, blah blah blah, all to no avail. :(

exactly the same as me too. i even tried changing the text in the version file, but it doesn't help.

mysql101 posted on Dec 2 2005 at 11:43 PM said:
danchamp posted on Dec 2 2005 at 09:40 PM said:
How come my loading screen didnt change?  Should I go ahead and run the patch?

exactly the same as me too. i even tried changing the text in the version file, but it doesn't help.

Add me to the boat!

Back