Upgrade To 2.0.0 Help Needed!

Batman2 posted on May 1 2006 at 04:30 PM said:
Giving up on this one untill apps like Megadrive & MAME Emulators work spot on with it, as I have been seeing posts by people who have successfully upgraded only to find other programs need updating to take the new firmware in to account.

Firmware 1.4 is great give it a couple of month then I will have another look.

I can tell you, however, that the only emu that I have on my SD card (GnGeo2x) works even better than ever!!!!! Since the screen is the same size, I simply play Megadrive and MAME on my GP32, lol, H.G.

Last edited by a moderator:
DaviL posted on May 1 2006 at 03:38 PM said:
Batman2 posted on May 1 2006 at 02:30 PM said:
Yes also using a Hardware Card Reader and formating it in windows XP to FAT32 and extracting the files directly to the SD card where they all are until you put it into the GP2X, even pressing Start & Select does not work, just boots up like normal with 2 files gone.

Giving up on this one untill apps like Megadrive & MAME Emulators work spot on with it, as I have been seeing posts by people who have successfully upgraded only to find other programs need updating to take the new firmware in to account.

Firmware 1.4 is great give it a couple of month then I will have another look.

Try this.
Rename the card "disk" when you format, then copy the files, put the card on gp2x and turn on without start+select.

No made no difference

RogTheDodge

Last edited by a moderator:
What files can we delete from the sd card once we have updated?
Also, what stuff can we safely delete from nand?
Do people know we have got a demo version of Vektar on nand?
Ta, Trash. B)

Back