I Was Just Wondering If These Games Would Work With The Pandora?

Well, the "Windows only" notice doesn't make me hopeful, and they certainly don't seem to be open source. (EDIT: They apparently require some sort of Windows DLL to even run.)

Regarding Cave Story, though, it's never been open source. ;)

Prometheus said:
Well, the "Windows only" notice doesn't make me hopeful, and they certainly don't seem to be open source. (EDIT: They apparently require some sort of Windows DLL to even run.)

Regarding Cave Story, though, it's never been open source. ;)
That would figure <_< they are all a pretty fun bunch of games but maybe if we ask him he could work out a port(But like you said I won't be to hopeful about a port.). With Cave Story though, I was thinking that it was open source because someone ported it to PSP and someone started a DS port.

I guess both Authors will need to be asked very nicely for a port then. -_-

Thanks for the quick reply though. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Though I certainly wouldn't want anyone to pester the fellow, I doubt it would hurt to send a short and polite e-mail to ask if the author would consider it. Perhaps when Pandoras are in people's hands, though. :p

(Regarding Cave Story again, my understanding is that permission was granted for that game to be ported to a few systems.)

Prometheus said:
Though I certainly wouldn't want anyone to pester the fellow, I doubt it would hurt to send a short and polite e-mail to ask if the author would consider it. Perhaps when Pandoras are in people's hands, though. :p

(Regarding Cave Story again, my understanding is that permission was granted for that game to be ported to a few systems.)
That's what I was thinking to wait to send one until they're out that way they might be mor interested in porting it. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, cave story was just released on the Wii store (or whatever the hell they call it) for about $5

I'm fairly sure that with all the hysteria and people discovering this gem for the first time, we're not going to get permission for another port until everything calms down a bit.

I could be wrong. Man, wouldn't a cave story port be grand.

Now that people are paying money for it I doubt Pixel could even grant the right to a port even if he wanted to, which I dont think he would because he never seemed too excited about his internet-fame in the interview I read, and after a argument over the licensing rights to actually produce the game for the PSP I'd be shocked if didn't Nintendo probably have the game locked up in a nice tight contract once the wii development began.

But anyway the games on that website sound like they were designed to work in a windows (or at least, WINE) environment. I would think that might mean more than just compiling a Linux version would be necessary.

Back