I Would Like Some Advice, Possibly About Writing An Angry Letter

christo930 said:
PoisonedV said:
"Hello, Sky? Yeah, hi, this is Andrew Jenkins calling. Is there anyway I can talk to someone higher up? I want to complain. Oh, my problem? Well, I'm trying to download pirated software, but due to a bunch of other stupid, pathetic CUNTS, browsing their ignorant facebook or reading their idiotic emails, are using up all the bandwidth as stated in the contract I agreed to when I bought this service! Change this now, or I wil take my business elsewhere!"

I really hate people who try and decide who's use of the internet is better, more moral or more appropriate than other uses. Facebook and myspace are just as useless uses of bandwidth as someone downloading software, as is corporations who use the public internet for VOIP to avoid long distance bills. The same can be said for downloading freeware or posting on gp32x.de. As a matter of fact, things like myspace and irc and especially AOL chat are far more damaging than anything else because it's used by the media to sensationalize the internet and give examples of entrapment (and to be fair, some real cases) of perverts trying to seduce young girls. These are the real dangers that are going to lead to very restrictive laws on the use of the internet and eventually turn the internet into a cable tv like system where only a very few very large websites will be accessible.
They are really mad at the fact that the internet has allowed people to find out things they wouldn't have been able to find out about before. I'm not even sure that Bush was the most restrictive president, so much as his actions were available for all to see as a direct result of the internet. It's not like the mainstream media was reporting it.

Chris

i never said anything about moral or what I think is right. all im saying is: piracy is illegal. it is also against their terms of service. it's fucking ridiculous, even more so that he sees HIS usage as better.
i think 'jew paranoia' is a thing of the past, now its 'foss paranoia'

(naw)mcx posted on Dec 17 2008 at 01:01 PM said:
christo930 said:
PoisonedV said:
"Hello, Sky? Yeah, hi, this is Andrew Jenkins calling. Is there anyway I can talk to someone higher up? I want to complain. Oh, my problem? Well, I'm trying to download pirated software, but due to a bunch of other stupid, pathetic CUNTS, browsing their ignorant facebook or reading their idiotic emails, are using up all the bandwidth as stated in the contract I agreed to when I bought this service! Change this now, or I wil take my business elsewhere!"

These are the real dangers that are going to lead to very restrictive laws on the use of the internet and eventually turn the internet into a cable tv like system where only a very few very large websites will be accessible.

Chris

This is what I REALLY fear.

Yeah, what would you do without 4chan?

Last edited by a moderator:
christo930 said:
PoisonedV said:

These are the real dangers that are going to lead to very restrictive laws on the use of the internet and eventually turn the internet into a cable tv like system where only a very few very large websites will be accessible.

Chris

Already happening elsewhere ... http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/12/15/fi...under_protests/
IF it gets implemented there, it's only a matter of time before it's everywhere.

PoisonedV said:

I download up into the thousands of packages a day for my Linux systems- if my ISP (Verizon) throttled me at all- I'd be absolutely enraged. I happen to also torrent from OCRemix ( http://www.ocremix.org ), and I frequently seed Linux installation DVD ISOs. Not to mention all of my web hosting and the occasional game hosting I do with my PS3.

I see your point here, but there are very legitimate reasons to have decent download speeds. I would take my business elsewhere.

AireTamStorm said:
PoisonedV said:

I download up into the thousands of packages a day for my Linux systems- if my ISP (Verizon) throttled me at all- I'd be absolutely enraged. I happen to also torrent from OCRemix ( http://www.ocremix.org ), and I frequently seed Linux installation DVD ISOs. Not to mention all of my web hosting and the occasional game hosting I do with my PS3.

I see your point here, but there are very legitimate reasons to have decent download speeds. I would take my business elsewhere.

Infact, I too download lots and lots of free to download music.

Every thing from 8BITPEOPLES and that. I really stopped pirating pretty much, learning to use GIMP and all that. Shame it's an arse to use CMYK with it though

Back