iCP2: They're throwing in the towel.

Why would you need to deal with Craig? The business end was held by Link not Craig. Knowing Craig he probably never patented the iCP2. The only member of the team anyone would have to do business with is MWeston to acquire his designs. Heh! The best revenge would be to make the iCP2 a success and not pay Craig a cent. His blood would boil.
You don't seem to realize it's a lot of work since the ICP2 was far from being completed. ED is already working almost 24/7 with the Pandora, give him a break.

On the one hand, the design is basically done, the manufacturer is ready to go, all EvilDragon would need to do is raise the capital to license the design from MWeston and DaveC (I think the case was designed by DaveC?) and pay the manufacturer.

On that same hand, there's a proven demand for it: 2000 backers pledging over $200'000, that's not a huge market but substantial enough to start a small run. I'm sure he could approach a bank with this business plan and get a loan no problem.

On the other hand, that's 2000 people that have been burned who may not take kindly to having their money basically flushed away when another differently named yet seemingly identical device starts appearing on tech sites. Although EvilDragon would be entirely in the right, I suspect the negative publicity would be far more than he could handle.

Ultimately, as much as I want an iCP2-like device, I really think for everyone's sanity it just needs to die. Maybe MWeston could shelve the design and bring it back in a year or two when the smoke is clear and there's a more established separation.

On the one hand, the design is basically done, the manufacturer is ready to go, all EvilDragon would need to do is raise the capital to license the design from MWeston and DaveC (I think the case was designed by DaveC?) and pay the manufacturer.

On that same hand, there's a proven demand for it: 2000 backers pledging over $200'000, that's not a huge market but substantial enough to start a small run. I'm sure he could approach a bank with this business plan and get a loan no problem.

On the other hand, that's 2000 people that have been burned who may not take kindly to having their money basically flushed away when another differently named yet seemingly identical device starts appearing on tech sites. Although EvilDragon would be entirely in the right, I suspect the negative publicity would be far more than he could handle.

Ultimately, as much as I want an iCP2-like device, I really think for everyone's sanity it just needs to die. Maybe MWeston could shelve the design and bring it back in a year or two when the smoke is clear and there's a more established separation.
Ye know, I doubt they even had a 'Towel' to begin with, let alone throwing it in! If they sent us an icp2 themed towel, wow that would be Amazing. Everytime we showered we would be reminded of the money Craig owes us...

Yeah, agree with that. Let's end up this mess at this stage.  

I don't think ED is even interested in the iCP2 concept, not sure why anyone's looking for him to do anything with it..

Personally if I was one of the backer I would be letting Kickstarter know about what happened. They would probably want to know exactly what happened and since it appears that Craig has run off with a significant amount of money from the project and since that is their livelihood they might be interested in pursuing it.

I have to wonder how successful all of this has been for Craig, to me it seems like a pretty stupid thing to do the money he is going to get away with just isn't worth having an extremely public black stain on his name.

Then again that could be why he got Link to create that company so he could be legally at an arms length of the project.

Last edited by a moderator:
Then again that could be why he got Link to create that company so he could be legally at an arms length of the project.
One has to wonder why Link even trusted Craig in the first place. That's the worst mistake to make (even at that time, Link was clearly aware of the opaqueness of Craig in terms of money matters. ie. the 1Ghz preorder scandal). 

One has to wonder why Link even trusted Craig in the first place. That's the worst mistake to make (even at that time, Link was clearly aware of the opaqueness of Craig in terms of money matters. ie. the 1Ghz preorder scandal). 

I think the link below sums up the situation re: Craig getting Link to start a company that owns the ICP2 KS.

http://www.gunssavelife.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/caution.png

Personally if I was one of the backer I would be letting Kickstarter know about what happened. They would probably want to know exactly what happened and since it appears that Craig has run off with a significant amount of money from the project and since that is their livelihood they might be interested in pursuing it.

I have to wonder how successful all of this has been for Craig, to me it seems like a pretty stupid thing to do the money he is going to get away with just isn't worth having an extremely public black stain on his name.

Kickstarter don't care at all. They make it crystal clear they're not responsible for delivery of any project. The best you'll get from them is "contact the project creator".

Which isn't to say they don't care. As mentioned, the goodwill of people investing in projects is their livelihood.

Just because they aren't legally responsible doesn't mean they have no interest in the continued trust in funding projects.

I just hope this doesn't end up with Link moving on. I've got the feeling that also happened with Gadgetoid.
We don't see many of the original "Team" around anymore - DaveC, MWeston (posts rarely), Fatih... It's sad, but there we are.

Funny thing is that even now on other boards, people are asking questions like "what's the best handheld for XXXXX?" and folks I've never seen on these boards are replying "You need a Pandora, mate". Then there's the usual replies about hardware being better in Android devices etc, but the Pandora keeps being punted as a viable platform.

It's not exactly "out there" in the mainstream, but it's gained a lot of respect in the handheld circles I frequent.

Production really needs to continue with ED now, and leav this sorry mess that Craig's left us behind.

D.

The point is not what Craig has actually done or not done, the point is what he can convince a court of being necessary to investigate. With the help of some lawyer who can help with the necessary legalese wranglings. If he claims that the money is indeed gone, to Germany, to his former trusted partner who betrayed him, took the money and is now spreading lies about him on his own website, then the court would have to investigate this in some sort of way.  Of course he wouldn't convince any of us, but he won't need to do that - He'd only have to convince a magistrate who has never seen or heard about him before. Isn't this his great skill - Convincing new people?
Unfortunately for Craig, it is rather easy to prove that he double-crossed people with his version of "upgrade" that do not have nothing with ED. And it alone testifies about his character and business habits.

His business habits are unbelievably irregular for any ordinary subject that should investigate his books. And so on... He can steal some time of ED because if conffronted, ED  will need to argue what has happened, but, still, here are literately thousands of witnesses that will help  and... truth is only one.

Just those videos Craig made are clear evidence what was he doing, at Pandora or ICP2, regardless. His public mails and business proposals here at forum, explanations and LIES at forum are sufficient to see that he is not trustworthy. There are hundreds of customers that he did not even answer, etc... he will be in trouble alone, nobody is so stupid to trust him after investigating his business books.

Would it be unacceptable to start a poll as follows:

Is Craig:

a. A bad person

B. A moron

c. Both

As it feels like that covers the bases, I don't feel like d) Neither is really required, at this point he seems either evil or stupid.

Would it be unacceptable to start a poll as follows:

Is Craig:

a. A bad person

B. A moron

c. Both

As it feels like that covers the bases, I don't feel like d) Neither is really required, at this point he seems either evil or stupid.
The point is, will it change anything?

Has Link made a statement to this yet?

If he starts acting strange too, I go back to my theory, that Craig somehow managed to get the mob involved...

Has Link made a statement to this yet?

If he starts acting strange too, I go back to my theory, that Craig somehow managed to get the mob involved...
Stefan Eriksson, anyone ?

002.jpg

Back