Idea

Delsabre

Website
nuqlear.com
I got this idea...

GamePark is in a squeeze for cash right now. Maybe, if a group was formed that made games exclusively for GamePark with GP as the publisher, and 50%+ of the profit goes to GP, they might have enough money to continue working on GP64/GPi.

GamePark could supply their pro dev kit exclusively to this group. I think the tight knit community here would keep it from leaking.

I think an idea like this should be presented to GamePark.

I'm serious about this. The CGP fell through, but if we could get a few serious programmers this could work.

First, a game should be made to show GamePark that we mean business. I'm volunteering to do the music.
you can find my latest creation here.
My personal website is here.

Do you think this could work?

To do a full production game takes a lot of time- full time in fact, most people on here have jobs/school etc.
The GP market isn't really big enough yet to support full time developers (especially as they are split over different language areas that will need localised), even more true if you give half your profits to people you don't know.
If you do have enough free time and a team, you should just self publish the games on the web/ or mail order CD's, if your games are good enough, and there is enough of them- people should flock to the GP for it's cool games, thus raising GP32 sales, allowing gamepark to use the extra hardware profits to develop the GP64.
I'm afraid we need a major launch before developers will jump on board, and that will get the snowball rolling. One game would not make much difference to their finance's i'm afraid, especially as it will only sell max 15,000-20,000 units (and that's if every GP owner in the world buys your game).

ginzu posted on Mar 10 2004 at 08:17 PM said:
is it worth to take care of the idea of a kid who uses that crappy pikachu avatar? hell, no.
Lol. I don't think someone will throw away there life and career just for making games for a nearly bankrupt company.

Last edited by a moderator:
is it worth to take care of the idea of a kid who uses that crappy pikachu avatar? hell, no.
yeah... that pikachoo doesn't look to convincing... it takes MONEY to make official games, a lot of money!!!!!!!

C'mon dont take the piss, if he wants to have a pikachu thats his own desision, it has nothing to do with the subject in hand <_<

You need money to buy licenses to make a crappy game based off the last crappy movie sequel so that everyone will buy your game but nobody will like it.

There are lots of great freeware games that didn't cost any money to make.

However, I am not going to make any games (freeware or not) because of all the negative replies.

...and pikachu is not crappy!

It has nothing to do with your avatar.

In my opinion the GP32 has a small user base which for 50% exists of (starting) software developers, because it's quite easy to create software for it.

I think almost 100% of the GP32 users bought their machine for other reasons then the existing "commercial" games.

So even if people decided to create games and ask money for it (which according to you should be donated to Gamepark) then based on the number of users the profit would be to low to keep Gamepark in business.

Back