• Evowhat?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Music?

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • This is already done much better by : [author]

• No.

• Thats not a program/game it's a waste of time.

• Total voters

torpor said:
I will work on doing the Puredata port for Pandora this evening.. expect a beta soon! :)

static.gif

(For anybody like me that is interested in but doesnt have a clue about electronic music, read this http://crca.ucsd.edu/~msp/techniques/latest/book-html/ its great!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I've made a patch that sequentially plays random snippets from 2 songs you can load. My first funny empirical data came from my girlfriend who said "oh the beatles" when I was playing random 100 ms samples from 'the magical mystery tour' seems our ears are pretty good at recognizing even very small samples.

Next step would be to not play random sequential snippets but to have defined snippets and not play them sequentially (12121212121212) but random (112211112122121211) Pure Data is a lot of fun and very easy.

Sadly I am still a ignorant fool when it comes to music :D and coding.

So I ended up with a interfaced beat slicing machine that can handle 2 samples :p

Don't know yet how to incorporate that in my project, seems that what I was thinking is true the hardest part will be the selection criteria.

I realized it more or less like I envisioned : Im at the third generation of racket now, if you want to participate there are (more or less) weekly voting sessions to vote for the good of evolution.

http://wtfmusic.org/#topic/1312407746

btw torpor thanks alot for introducing me to pure data its great!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and especially for everybody who thinks their coding might be ugly : beware

screenshot1
screenshot2

Back