If Only It Was June 4th 2001

And this is relevant to the Pandora how? :huh:

fail-24.jpg

CandidStan said:
And this is relevant to the Pandora how? :huh:

fail-24.jpg
Price for ppl living in US. I'm still buying at the current price, not asking for price drop or nothin. Just saying.

US stock market is picking up the pieces but the value of the dollar isn't getting any better. Too bad. Guess we'll have to wait a while for this correction to run its course.

And, DON'T ANYONE BRING UP BRINGING THE USD BACK TO THE GOLD STANDARD!!! Don't want to hear it. This isn't a discussion on economics, just a comment.

Last edited by a moderator:
quadomatic said:
Price for ppl living in US. I'm still buying at the current price, not asking for price drop or nothin. Just saying.
US stock market is picking up the pieces but the value of the dollar isn't getting any better.
I couldn't care less.

Generally, I don't buy stuff from EU ( unless I have no other choice which is very rare) - cheap dollar or not, everything there is just simply more expensive.

daclassicgamingmaster said:
When Bush leaves office, I daresay the dollar will strengthen, as will our economy in general :)
Changes made by the president take about 4-10 years before we start to see their effects. I blame Clinton for all the Tax Increases.

CandidStan said:
daclassicgamingmaster said:
When Bush leaves office, I daresay the dollar will strengthen, as will our economy in general :)
Changes made by the president take about 4-10 years before we start to see their effects. I blame Clinton for all the Tax Increases.

That's nice. I blame the trillion dollar "war on terror" for our problems.

Though I suppose Clinton can be easily blamed for repealing the glass-teagall act. I just feel Bush is a fucking invalid of the brain, and thus I blame him for everything.

quadomatic said:
The pound was valued at $1.38 on that date. That would've been sweet.
That is what us dumb Americans get for putting Bush in office twice then giving him a blank check to loot the treasury to give all of the money to Cheney's Haliburton to blow up innocent Iraqis.

You know we had to destroy Iraq because they have bio and "nukuler" WMD. Oh wait they didn't have WMD so Bush then said we had to do it to "liberate" Iraq because Saddam was naughty. Oh wait that wasn't it we killed more Iraqis then Saddam, they didn't like being "liberated" we really did it because of the war on terrahh for 911. Oh wait they had nothing to do with 911, I am so confused why did Bush do it again? Oh yeah, it was for oil, and the military industrial complex, I forgot it is hard to keep all of the lies straight :blink:

And when we vote in McClone this year and he continues the neo-con fascist imperialist agenda and bombs Iran the GBP will be $4.00 and the Pandora will cost $600 USD (or the equivalent of 1 tank of gas). So save up, unless you have saved up in one of the banks that collapsed, then sell apples on the corner to raise your Pandora money :p
CandidStan said:
What tax increases? I do know that when Clinton left office gas was around $1.40 per gallon, the dollar was strong, we had a surplus, and a robust economy. When Clinton took office from the first Bush we were in a recession and unemployment was high. The bad things we got from Clinton was the telecom act allowing all of these big corporations to buy up and consolidate media (very dangerous, when you have Rupert Murdoch controlling all of the "news" as he wants it how can you get real info?) , and NAFTA (giant sucking sound).

Not sure if I'm right in saying this - but I read somewhere that the US was borrowing heavily from China to fill the gap in its coffers (treasury) and this is what is also weakening the dollar.

u9i said:
I like the poor dollar... means i can buy lots of stuff is cheaper for me :)

Are there only americans on these forums?
Well that is a benefit for us... but can't help but feel a little ugh about the whole thing, having friends State-side. Although doesn't Brits (and anyone else) taking advantage of the economical differences mean that the economy will gradually improve? Or is that not how it works? :blink:

EDIT: missed words... (in bold)

PokeParadox said:
...Although doesn't Brits (and anyone else) taking advantage of the economical differences mean that the economy will gradually improve? Or is that not how it works? :blink:
Afaik The poor dollar is good for export but bad for import. So the economy might not be getting better of a poor dollar... (of course i am pretty blank when it comes to economics so i could and probably am wrong).

It would be a lot easier if there was only one currency in the world (and it should be the faroese krona :D )

DaveC said:
quadomatic said:
The pound was valued at $1.38 on that date. That would've been sweet.
That is what us dumb Americans get for putting Bush in office twice then giving him a blank check to loot the treasury to give all of the money to Cheney's Haliburton to blow up innocent Iraqis.

You know we had to destroy Iraq because they have bio and "nukuler" WMD. Oh wait they didn't have WMD so Bush then said we had to do it to "liberate" Iraq because Saddam was naughty. Oh wait that wasn't it we killed more Iraqis then Saddam, they didn't like being "liberated" we really did it because of the war on terrahh for 911. Oh wait they had nothing to do with 911, I am so confused why did Bush do it again? Oh yeah, it was for oil, and the military industrial complex, I forgot it is hard to keep all of the lies straight :blink:

And when we vote in McClone this year and he continues the neo-con fascist imperialist agenda and bombs Iran the GBP will be $4.00 and the Pandora will cost $600 USD (or the equivalent of 1 tank of gas). So save up, unless you have saved up in one of the banks that collapsed, then sell apples on the corner to raise your Pandora money :p
CandidStan said:
What tax increases? I do know that when Clinton left office gas was around $1.40 per gallon, the dollar was strong, we had a surplus, and a robust economy. When Clinton took office from the first Bush we were in a recession and unemployment was high. The bad things we got from Clinton was the telecom act allowing all of these big corporations to buy up and consolidate media (very dangerous, when you have Rupert Murdoch controlling all of the "news" as he wants it how can you get real info?) , and NAFTA.

It seems you and every other American out there doesn't seem to remember a little date, oh I don't know, 9/11 maybe? Do you recall the stock market crash right after? Bush barely got into office, he didn't even have the time to do anything bad or good. I'm not saying Bush is a political Jesus, I hate any and every politician regardless of party, but I prefer to choose the lesser of the two evils. McCain ftw

CandidStan said:
but I prefer to choose the lesser of the two evils. McCain ftw
:blink:

The world is pretty much screwed if another Republican gets in.

CandidStan said:
It seems you and every other American out there doesn't seem to remember a little date, oh I don't know, 9/11 maybe? Do you recall the stock market crash right after? Bush barely got into office, he didn't even have the time to do anything bad or good. I'm not saying Bush is a political Jesus, I hate any and every politician regardless of party, but I prefer to choose the lesser of the two evils. McCain ftw
Haha, oh god. Look, I'm no Obama fan, but one of the 2 will become president, and McCain is far from the man who will save the united states from the shit that we're currently in. I'm having difficulty understanding how 9/11 has any bearing on the president at the time. Without getting into whether or not Clinton ignored reports of a possible attack (because it's debatable, so we'll let it be), he did nothing to worsen our economy. Like I said, if you're dying to find a reason for the current state of things, and you refuse to blame the imbecile that's in office, then you can target the repeal of the glass-steagall act as being a mistake.

As for the stock market crashing after the attacks....well, duh. Check past attacks on this nation; every time, stocks fall and people panic. ;)

Back