I'm an idiot

Linux-SWAT

Forum Addict!
I've ordered a premium some days ago.

Received google confirmation.

I bugged Craigix for not receiving confirmation from OP sales.

I F*****G gave a spare email i didn't remember to check Grrrrrrrrrrrr

Received a mail 3 days ago from OP asking a confirmation because the checkout had incomplete details........

I could have had it for the week end TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

----EDIT :

To add to my story, a few days after this post, i missed up UPS twice...

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol !

Craig, i authorize you to point this thread if trollers troll again about delays ^^

This is indeed the "please, delay my pandora" thread :lol:

As the unit was supposed to ship today (thursday) to France with UPS, i'm finally not sure i would have get it for the week end, as UPS doesn't ship on saturday.

But i think i'll have to wait the next big shipment anyway, am i (sadly) right ?

Oh lord i pissed off myself sooo much... Was a first days buyer, years ago, roaming around on boards to get news and pictures.

And miserably failing, forgetting to read the RIGHT EMAIL ACCOUNT.................................

Well since I like taunting people, I figure I'd better weigh in on this and say that I've just received my premium Pandora in the mail today! :D

This thing is pretty damn satisfying. Even though the shoulder were a [CENSORED] to fix, I still had fun setting it most of the way up. Then Spyro got in the way for a few hours. :p

There wee no problems with anything other than the shoulder buttons here. It really is a killer device and if anyone reading this is considering cancelling, DON'T. This is truly a one-of-a-kind device, and you absolutely will not regret getting it.

That being said, there are obviously some things that could use some improving. I know the hardware itself is great (and it will get even better with better support from a new kernel), but the case quality is pretty... shoddy, I guess would be the best word for it. Around the right nub there's a little bit of damage. You know when you're trying to pry open an electronic device with a screwdriver and you end up leaving a tiny little nick in the plastic where the two pieces met? It's a little like that. It's definitely nothing serious at all, though. It's just something worth noting.

There is another issue with the case though that is a little more detracting than that, though: one edge of the casing looks like it was cut by a box opener, as if someone dragged a razor edge along the corner of one side of the case. Otherwise it seems pretty durable. Everything else seems fine, or are only non-critical software bugs.

Anyways, the dpad is fantastic. If it weren't for the detailing on it (the cross, or plus sign) it would feel like you're running your thumb over a disc of plastic suspended on a ball bearing; when you change the tilt of the dpad with your thumb, the feeling of another button being depressed is almost unnoticeable except for when moving your thumb directly across the disc. It feels very fluid, unlike typical dpad controls of today like the Xbox and PlayStation 3's controls.

The nubs are quite interesting: to further help avoid the thumb slipping out of place; OPT have included three raised concentric circles radiating from the center of the nub. Nintendo tried to do a similar thing with their Nintendo 64 controllers, I believe. I'm not sure about you guys, but I had more than a few blisters caused by that thing, and I feel that those concentric circles were to blame. OPT's solution to this problem is on I've never seen before, and couldn't have imagined being implemented on a handheld console. Their solution: make the nub follow your thumb. There is no friction at any time being placed on your thumb. This is because the top of the nub seems to be on a swivel. The nub 'spins' along with the rotation of your thumb, so the surface of the nub and the skin on your thumb never rub against each other. I've never seen anything like this before, and if it's OPT's original idea, it's revolutionary. And yet it's so simple that it's a wonder why it wasn't a feature of the first analogue sticks made.

I believe the only issue with the Pandora as it stands is very-slightly-sub-par case quality. That and weight. It could always be lighter, but with the kind of power this device is capable of, if would only make sense that it's a little heftier than similarly sized devices.

To summarize, the Pandora is akin to how Leonardo Da Vinci would have painted the Mona Lisa if he had only twenty dollars worth of paint at his disposal: beautiful, revolutionary, remarkable, but it could use some small renovations.

I plan on writing my review after a few days or weeks of use.

That and weight. It could always be lighter, but with the kind of power this device is capable of, if would only make sense that it's a little heftier than similarly sized devices.
You like the honest 10hr battery life? I know I do! take the battery out then "weigh" the pandora by bouncing it up and down in your palm.... dunno quite why I was so suprised - but I was the pandora itself is fairly light its those 10 hours - or 24 hours in low power mode which are heavy!

Their solution: make the nub follow your thumb. There is no friction at any time being placed on your thumb. This is because the top of the nub seems to be on a swivel. The nub 'spins' along with the rotation of your thumb, so the surface of the nub and the skin on your thumb never rub against each other. I've never seen anything like this before, and if it's OPT's original idea, it's revolutionary. And yet it's so simple that it's a wonder why it wasn't a feature of the first analogue sticks made.

Oh wow. Just... wow! I always thought the N64 got it almost right if it weren't for the friction.

Thanks for that short but sweet nub review! It really makes me want to refresh my email inbox every 0.1 seconds... O___o

The nubs also don't need much force to move them, so you don't need to push down or across very hard to get them to max deflection and keep them there. They suit mouse-mode pretty nicely, as well as games.

The nubs are really nice. I was surprise on how well they worked for moving the cursor as well.

At first it felt a bit strange because of the mouse acceleration (which you can turn off) but after some getting use it just great.

I actually hardly ever use the touchscreen when doing things in XFCE. I though I would but it just feels more natural using the nubs. Also when you are using the nubs both hands can easily access the keyboard and the shoulder button. It's a big plus for shortcut. The right nub is mapped to Ctrl by default so it's really easy to copy, paste, close application, tabs...

Another thing to consider is that you get much better grip on the device when you're holding it using the nubs versus having a stylus in one hand. I consider that plus when using it in the bus and so on.

That being said the touchscreen works fine and it's definitely a must for adventure game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back