Turn around time for RMA's?

Still waiting... it seems that there are a lot of RMAs for them to work through. *Twiddles thumbs*

Not just RMAs, as I believe it is a small team handling everything. Your statement makes the Pandy sound bad :(

No it makes the team sound great, they are willing to help everybody and supply new units without much fuss.

The long turn-around time is a little bothersome (about 2 months for me, though I'm in the U.S.). It makes me wonder about what the "right" priority should be. Just thinking out loud for discussion purposes:

I realize the Pandora's situation is a delicate one in that its success is dependent on what the community does with it (with greater things happening with a greater community). This would suggest that priority #1 is getting new units out to "new" (as in those that haven't received a unit yet) customers. However, this being my second RMA (with the international shipping costs adding up for a poor college student)...am I the only one that feels like RMAs should have higher priority? Here me out for the sake of discussion. There was a queue to begin with, so orders were satisfied with respect to order time and everybody was fine with that. If someone was #100 or so and is now on his 2nd, 3rd, or even 4th RMA...should more effort be made to repair/replace this #100 or to create a new unit to satisfy #1000 (or whatever unit they're currently on)? Thoughts?

I believe the current system is as good as it's gonna get, because there is a good healthy balance of which Pandoras go out. The reason RMA times were so long was because there were delays in production and the project was backed up. As premium orders and queued orders are sent out along with the ones that go to ED, RMA's are also sent out. As the preorders are filled and premiums are run out, RMA times will become shorter since they will have enough units to satisfy demand eventually. If they send out RMA's first, this would cause a backup in the rest of the orders since the units are not yet in abundant supply. I too would want my RMA'd unit back as quick as possible, but that would keep others from getting their first, and hopefully only unit. I'm sure eventually turn around time will be as quick as possible, but we're not there yet...

Got email that my replacement (RMA unit received Jan 21st) is being dispatched today.

Still waiting... it seems that there are a lot of RMAs for them to work through. *Twiddles thumbs*

Not just RMAs, as I believe it is a small team handling everything. Your statement makes the Pandy sound bad :(

No it makes the team sound great, they are willing to help everybody and supply new units without much fuss.
Well there wasn't any positive or negative slant intended. Any bitterness that comes across is purely through my impatience.

I do respect that they have a lot of orders to ships, a lot of emails to answer and of course a lot of units that were RMAd due to the nub issue which the new Pandoras will not have.

I have been here from day 0 and I understand, very well, that it is a small team manufacturing a kickass portable computer and I respect them for being able to continue through every hitch that has jumped in front of this goal.

With all that said... *twiddles thumbs impatiently*

Interesting read, I'm not so sure I expect much more from the RMA process. It would sure be nice to get more information along the way, and if RMA's were expedited, but I think the reality of it is that OP is doing their best.

I mean, when my initial unit arrived with dead nubs the turnaround was something like a month from here in the states (shipped out in July, got a replacement the beginning of September). When my second unit died we had the great nub fiasco, and since it was the LCD cable there really was no choice but to mail it in (end of September). About a week ago I got my latest replacement, and in time it too will be going in since it isn't reading the charge correctly (it sits at 100%, if I remove the battery and reinsert it will read 1% and slowly gain percentage).

So I have felt the pain of having to wait for an RMA'd unit, but unlike the above I was generally kept in contact. Add to that I'm mostly pleased with my current unit, barring the battery issue (which, thanks to the incredibly long life of the system I can live with for awhile) it's pretty much perfect. Good luck for those of you waiting, most of my waiting for things is finally over and the enjoying can begin in earnest.

I sent an email to do an RMA on Friday and still don't have a response.

I will send the unit back at the end of the week regardless, I just didn't want to surprise anyone with a Pandora.

OP received my Pandora on Jan 17th and a replacement was sent out yesterday. All in all a fairly quick turn around. I'm a happy bunny... Well I will be once I get my mitts on it :)

Well, just to keep everyone informed, my unit arrived to OP on January 10th, and my repaired unit would have shipped yesterday, but I'm in the process of moving this month, so I had Jackie hold my unit until further notice. So it was just about 30 days for me.

So it seems as if the are finally catching up on repairs and emails. The turn around seems to be getting smaller for both. It took awhile, but production/RMA's finally seems to really be going well, to many members are getting emails and units daily.

Now you closet programmers need to get cracking on coding programs ASAP! :lol: We've already lost way to much time to production delays, now it's time to play catch-up! ;)

Chris

havent heard about mine yet :(
Should be any day now. A few others who had returned theirs around the same time as me got an eamil a few days before me, so I actually contacted them before they could send my email, as I needed to delay my unit.

Chris

havent heard about mine yet :(
Should be any day now. A few others who had returned theirs around the same time as me got an eamil a few days before me, so I actually contacted them before they could send my email, as I needed to delay my unit.

Chris

Just heard that it will be despatched tommorow or monday :) whoooo :)

Back